The Furminator Information

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you who are interested in The Furminator, I thought you might like to know that it is available at QVC.com. The price is $27.12, with S&H of $3.97. It is the 3" size. There are 157 reviews on this product - many from cat owners. The item # is M1553.
One of the reasons that I like shopping at QVC is that you have a 30 day money back guarantee. So for those of you who are wondering if your cat(s) would like it, it is a good way to try it. Also, I think shipping rates are very reasonable. I don't know what international rates would be, but I am sure that their website will provide that information!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I STRONGLY recommend the Furminator to ALL cat owners, long or short hair.

I've purchased literally dozens of different combs and brushes over the last 2 years, and this one is THE best at getting the loose undercoat out with the least amount of kitty stress.

All I need to do now is simply show it to Ginger and she comes over and lays down for a grooming session.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just got the furminator but it's not really picking up much.....what am i doing wrong?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

i just got the furminator but it's not really picking up much.....what am i doing wrong?
Nothing - they may just be done with their shedding for the summer.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip about QVC. I am heading there now. I looked last weekend for one and they wanted 40 for the small one!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, i just thought i was doing something wrong. i did the long strokes and made sure their skin was taught when doing it....... i just picked up like a peanut's worth.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

ok, i just thought i was doing something wrong. i did the long strokes and made sure their skin was taught when doing it....... i just picked up like a peanut's worth.
Your babies' fur isn't too long, so that would be the reason. Using it on Penny I pull off almost nothing, but on Ferris and Ginger, hooo-boy, I'm making extra cats!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, just making sure i wasn't going out of my mind...

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I LOVE the furminator!! It's incredible on Nya's long fur (when it's not shaved...) I don't get *as* much off Buddy, but it's still the best grooming tool I've ever used!