Five years ago today...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I decided to elope. We were sitting among the choices of flower arrangements, brides maids dresses, and if we were going to serve a vegan meal or not.

At that moment I started to cry. The day seemed so much more about other people than it did about us. He looked at me and said, "Why don't we get married in two weeks. We'll give ourselves 24 hours to plan everything, and we'll just call everyone and see if they want to come."

One day later I had my rings, dress, justice of the peace, and location. All for under $500.00.

That small decision saved our relationship.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrads! That's exactly why Scott and I decided to go to Vegas! Well, that and Scott doesn't like being the center of attention.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember my mom offered me the money they would have spent on my wedding if I eloped instead of having the wedding, dinner etc.......

I didn't take her up on it though.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw thats so nice congrats xx. i know how you feel about feeling like its more about everyone else then just you 2, so i have decided not to listen to anyone if they like it good if they dont like something tough!! its mine and Dereks day as long as my children are happy and with us then ******* to everyone else lol.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Anniversary!

Who would have known that five years later you would be the parents of 3 cantankerous boys.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Anniversary!

I wish my boyfriend would just do something like that. I really don't want to spend a ton of money on a wedding, I'd rather put a down payment on a house or something. My boyfriend insists on having a big fancy wedding when we get married though.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Heather! Thats exactly the way I would want it too!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I remember my mom offered me the money they would have spent on my wedding if I eloped instead of having the wedding, dinner etc.......

I didn't take her up on it though.
My parents did the same but we wanted a huge wedding for that special occassion, we both come from big families too. We don't regret that decision

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Happy Anniversary

Epona and I celebrate our anniversary in four weeks and I'm still undecided what to get her
A sparkel pink Hello Kitty Bag!!!

Oh wait... that's what I want.

Sorry everyone... I just thought that I'd be clear. We decided to elope five years ago today. We got married on July 21st.