Amazing BBQ Pizza Recipe!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister Kimmy recently gave me this recipe and it's incredable!!!
(i think she got it out of "cooking light" magazine if i remember correctly.) It has 210 calories, is low fat, and serves about 4 people

Ingredients:

Pizza Crust (recipe for that at the bottom
)

1 cup BBQ Sauce (mesquite, honey bbq, tangy -any of those work! if you do not like bbq sauce- you could use another sauce instead! (parmesean/garlic works good!)

1/2 lb chicken cooked and cubed (boneless/skinless- you need to marinate it then bake it in the oven or put it on the grill- then cube it
) I marinate my chicken in 3tbs basalmic vinegar and 1/2 cup olive oil. i also add garlic salt and crushed parsley to it to give it flavor- but you can use whatever you like to marinate it in!)

1 c. low fat monzerella cheese or pizza cheese (whatever you prefer)

~Put pizza in the oven @ 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until crust is lightly brown and cheese is melted!

Yeast free pizza crust recipe:

1 1/2c. all purpose flour

1 1/2c. wheat flour

1/4 c. corn meal

2tsp. baking powder

1tsp. salt

1 1/2 c. water (only add water 1/2 cup at first andthen a little bit more at a time (don't pour it all in at once!) you can add a little more water if needed.

~ Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.First add a little water (1/2 cup at a time) then mix together dry ingredients and water with hands.Keep adding the water as needed. When it reaches the right consistancy, the dough will easily come away from the bowl and form a ball. Press onto a nonstick cooking sheet. Bake crust 10-15 minutes (cook the crust while you're cooking your chicken so it'll be ready at the same time!) at 400 degrees. Add pizza toppings - pour on the bbq sauce, then the chicken, next top with cheese and bake another 15 minutes.

Voila! BBQ Chicken Pizza!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Thanks for that Nikki! I will have to try that out!
no problem!
it's soo yummy too! i hope you like it!
it's also pretty simple/easy to make too and doesn't require many ingredients at all!
You could also substitute different kinds of meat if you prefer something else- like if you don't care for the chicken- you could use sweet italian sausage (turkey kind) instead and it's yummy too! You can also use different kinds of cheeses or other toppings.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds yummy!!
I will definatly have to try that sometime! I've had pulled pork BBQ pizza before and it was yummy yummy too!! With that you just use a premade shell put on pizza sauce, mozz. cheese and little mounds of the BBQ pulled pork that you can buy, cook it like regular and enjoy!! Real easy and you don't have to make anything yourself, which is great for me!
That one though is definatly not as healthy though! But pork is high in protein!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Sounds yummy!!
I will definatly have to try that sometime! I've had pulled pork BBQ pizza before and it was yummy yummy too!! With that you just use a premade shell put on pizza sauce, mozz. cheese and little mounds of the BBQ pulled pork that you can buy, cook it like regular and enjoy!! Real easy and you don't have to make anything yourself, which is great for me!
That one though is definatly not as healthy though! But pork is high in protein!
it all depends on how you cook the pork too! true it's not the most "healthy" kind of meat- but it's not necessarily bad eithor if you drain it/etc!
omg Colin's mom makes INCREDABLE pork with this sauce on it (i have no idea what it is- it's a Vietnamese recipe). I will have to ask her for that recipe sometime- it's yummy! / Oh and you'd LOVE Memphis if you like bbq pizza (pulled pork) - we have the best bbq resturants around here!!!!

oh yea- if you don't want to make the crust yourself- you can get a low fat premade one at the grocery store and save a step!
and depending on the bbq sauce you can get some low fat ones or low sodium/etc

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Freschetta came out with a line of make your own pizza products. I used their crust last night for the pizza and it was pretty good-lots of times I use Bobbli for pizza crusts.

And deja vue-I am roasting a pork shoulder (Carolina style) for pulled pork!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems so easy ~ I am going to make this tonight for dinner. Thanks for the recipe!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

It seems so easy ~ I am going to make this tonight for dinner. Thanks for the recipe!
no problem!!! let me know how it turns out for you!
i'm going to make one for dinner tonight for us as well

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Dang, that sounds yummy!! I wish I knew how to cook
Give it a try girly! it's REALLY easy! All you have to do is follow the directions. And if you want to save a few steps- get a premade crust, a rotissary chicken (just cube it and trim off the skin/fat) and then all you have to do is put bbq sauce on the crust, add the chicken and then the cheese
It's easy!