This was on the news tonight!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't catch where it happened, but it was on local news. A six year old girl was in the kiddie pool at a public park, and someone there was a malfunction in the drain. She ended up sitting on it, and the suction from the drain was so strong she couldn't stand up....and her intestines were sucked out from her butt! She finally was able (somehow) to get herself off, and collapsed after 2 steps. She was in surgery for hours but did survive. She has to be fed through an IV though, because they couldn't save her small intestines. And, they said this wasn't the first time something like this has happened (but the first time at that pool). But most of the victums didn't survive. I'll try to find the link, but our local news website is not very user friendly. What I want to know is where was that girl's mom/dad/babysitter...who was watching her???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I'm saying! Were there ANY adults there that heard this poor little girl screaming? Because she would have to have been screaming...it hurts me just to think about it, I can't even imagine how it would actually feel.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg! that is horrible! poor little girl
i want to know what darn adult was being irresponsible and not watching her!
that is unacceptable! children should NEVER be left unattended in a pool like that- obviously nobody was watching her if that happened

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Here's a link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19619471/

Poor little thing! What a nightmare.
Thank you so much for finding the link. I didn't want people to think I made this up. I just feel so sorry for that poor little girl. She won't be able to eat for the rest of her life.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read about this earlier today along with another horrific article about another little girl. Not a good day for children

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Thank you so much for finding the link. I didn't want people to think I made this up. I just feel so sorry for that poor little girl. She won't be able to eat for the rest of her life.
quick question (it may be dumb but i was curious!). can they not do a lower intestine transplant? (does such a thing exist?) poor little girl

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have just read this article using the link! How could the owner not realise something was wrong with the pool ... people must have heard her crying or something
i find it infuriating that people can be so dismissive of something so horrid
that little girl, she looks all smiles on that photo, i getting really angry now ...
at least she is alive which is the main thing.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... that's like somethng out of a horror movie. I'm glad she lived though, and seems to be getting better. The weird thing is this has happened before.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just horrible. I blame the owners/operators of the pool not whoever was watching her. Once she sat on it there was probably no hope. It just breaks my heart!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

quick question (it may be dumb but i was curious!). can they not do a lower intestine transplant? (does such a thing exist?) poor little girl
I wondered about that too. I mean, they can transplant pretty much anything else. But my husband (who is also missing part of his intestines, but not THAT much) said if it is possible they would probably have to wait until she is finished growing to do anything. But, I don't know...I hope they can do something like that.