Pringles

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else find that after eating a few Pringles or Lay's Stacks that they feel sick to their stomach? This has happened to me a few times and I don't know why.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooooh you just reminded me - I have the little mini packs of Pringles in the cupboard! Woohoo!!

And no, I don't get that. Maybe it's too high in sodium for you?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fat free ones will make me sick, maybe it's because they have olestra in them?

It could have very well been the sodium in them, as was suggest. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, they have MSG in them too - another form of sodium.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
some of the ingredients in them might not agree with your stomach. that could be why they make you feel sick.

i don't normally feel sick after i eat them (unless i have more than i should
) but then again my nutritional needs are different that most- i NEED a diet that has a good amount of sodium in it- it helps control my vertigo symptoms/ low blood pressure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

The fat free ones will make me sick, maybe it's because they have olestra in them?

It could have very well been the sodium in them, as was suggest. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, they have MSG in them too - another form of sodium.
I've never had the fat-free ones with olestra... I'm not a fan of anal leakage (anyone know what I'm talking about)?
Yah.. I don't think I'm going to eat any more of these.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I've never had the fat-free ones with olestra... I'm not a fan of anal leakage (anyone know what I'm talking about)?
Yah.. I don't think I'm going to eat any more of these.
I'd heard of that being a possible side effect many years ago when it was first being used in chips.
Anymore I prefer crackers or dry cereal (like chex) if I want something crunchy to snack on.

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i NEED a diet that has a good amount of sodium in it- it helps control my vertigo symptoms/ low blood pressure.
Salts are a type of electrolyte, and being even slightly dehydrated can make low blood pressure worse.
Even though I know this I really do not like eating a lot of salty or processed foods
they taste gross.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many is a "few"? Pringles (unless you are getting sick from the spices) should be fine - they are not greasy like normal potato chips.

We are not "chip fans" - but do like plain Pringles. We rarely will eat potato chips - too greasy.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Does anyone else find that after eating a few Pringles or Lay's Stacks that they feel sick to their stomach? This has happened to me a few times and I don't know why.
Only if I eat too many!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

How many is a "few"? Pringles (unless you are getting sick from the spices) should be fine - they are not greasy like normal potato chips.

We are not "chip fans" - but do like plain Pringles. We rarely will eat potato chips - too greasy.
i think its like 10 chips or so. I love the 1/3 less fat ones. All the crunch of chips, but less fat and oil and tasty!!!!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looove the four cheese ones but they are so hard to find. I start to feel sick if I eat too many pringles, but I limit myself so that I don't feel like that.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Thats the first time I have ever heard someone else say this. This use to happen to me when I was younger, I would feel like I was going to vomit if I ate Lays or Fritos.

But I kept the faith and kept on eating them and now they dont make me feel sick.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I had this talk last night after fish and chips (both fried).

We eat pretty healthy and mostly whole foods (no corn syrup, artificial additives, modified, hydrogenated oils, etc.) so when we eat bad (processed foods, fried, soda, and the like), our bodies don't adjust as quickly and it doesn't make us feel good and does effect our stomach in a negative way.

However, you can build your tolerance for junk foods, in the same way our bodies are conditioned for the healthier stuff, they can be conditioned for the junk stuff so you don't feel sick or uneasy. I tend to believe it will catch up with your health sooner or later, some it never does, but some it will give diabetes and heart trouble.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, because I am used to eating chips. but the sour cream and onion ones make me nauseated.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

No, because I am used to eating chips. but the sour cream and onion ones make me nauseated.
Ooooh they're the only ones I eat!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

hummmm...I don't know then. For some reason no matter how many times I tried it Arby's Market Fresh sandwich made me sick. Arby's was close to where I worked and easy to pick up. Even when I took most of the meat off and didn't get any sauce. Just something about it and me...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ooooh they're the only ones I eat!

And I normally don't even like sour cream and onion chips except for the pringles.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the outrageous sodium levels in a lot of foods affect me -- I have to smuggle my own popcorn into the theater these days, because their oversalted popcorn makes my lower back (where the kidneys are) hurt for a day or so. And I love Pringle's Sour Cream & Onion and Salt & Vinegar chips, but I have to stick to just a few of them a day.

Interesting sidenote: a friend of mine met Mr. Pringle a few months ago! They met at a carshow or something, and it came up in conversation that this was the fellow who invented Pringles... and when the ad agency designed the logo character, they made it look just like him, with the center-parted hair and the mustache!

I wonder if he hangs around the snack aisles in grocery stores, hoping to be recognized...