I should have stayed home!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a doctor appointment today and I really didn't feel up to going, but it was with my cardiologist so I forced myself.

Everything started fine until I got there.

First, there are 5 elevators there and they all run at one speed: SLOW! I get in with a delivery driver and we seem to both be going to the 14th floor. On the second floor 2 women get on, one with a child about 4 years old that she's holding. Both of these women are laughing while the kid presses all of the buttons between floor 2 and the top floor!!!!!!!!!!!! They of course get off on the 3rd floor!

I got off to wait for another elevator otherwise I would have been late for my appointment. I didn't know who I wanted to smack more...the kid or the 2 adults who were laughing and letting the kid to that!

I ended up with about 90 minutes before my ride was to arrive to pick me up so I decided to have lunch in the Salisbury House Restaurant in the building. I went through the cafeteria line and placed my order and wanted to sit by the window. Most of the tables in the place were dirty. The staff were standing behind the counter chatting and not doing anything else! I asked if someone could please clean off "this" table by the window. The girl had the nerve to tell me to just move the stuff to one of the other tables!!!!!!!!!!
I told her that I wanted the table wiped off too, so she begrudgingly came over to clear off the table and wipe it off.

I was down by the doors waiting for my ride 30 minutes in advance. They were 30 minutes late! Then the guy ended up driving around in circles for about 25 minutes to get me to my home because he made a wrong turn and then decided to take a short cut to avoid some of the rush hour traffic, which I told him wouldn't work because of the one way streets. His short cut resulted in even a longer round about ride home.

By the time I got home I was stressed out, hot and really tired, plus I had to go to the bathroom really badly! The elevator arrived and 2 people were in it and they moved a step towards the door as if to get out, but ended up stopping in the middle of the door to continue to talk. I asked them if they were getting in or getting out, but they ignored me and kept standing in the elevator doorway talking.

I'm sure they must have thought I was a crazy person but I was at the end of my rope already and yelled "MOOOOOVE!!!!!!" They moved alright. They finally got out of the elevator, gave me a dirty look and then went outside.

I came upstairs, piddled, cuddled my kitties, had a cold drink of water and now I'm feeling just swell

Have you yelled at your strangers today?

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck, you were nice about everything, I don't think I would have been that nice. A lot of people just don't know or care about others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm usually pretty good at keeping control and am rarely angry, but the shear number of "stupid people" that I met up with today just rocked my boat until it tipped over. I'm actually quite ashamed and embarrassed for yelling at those 2 people in the elevator.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my stranger griping this weekend
. Sounds like you had quite a day - time to relax!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awe man I am sorry to hear you had a bad day or should we say one of those days.I hope your night is better

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheesh! You did go over your quota on dense and inconsiderate people today. Those people blocking the elevator were 'way out of line -- you just don't do that! They're lucky you didn't shove 'em out of the way!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You go girl! I woulda used my body to politely bump and squish them on my way into the elevator. How rude. And the cafeteria people were beyond wrong for goodness sakes. Dirty tables should be cleaned asap!

Have a relaxing evening, you deserve it!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, that sounds like a bad day.
and to answer your question, yes, i tend to tell people to move it almost every day.

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd call the manager of that cafeteria and report those employees and what they did/didn't do!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww hon
sounds like you had a rough day yesterday! hopefully today will be better for you!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least most of the angst happened AFTER the cardiologists appointment. Would have hated to see your blood pressure after.

Hopefully the kitties made it all better!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, and hopefully, today is going much better.

I think the two people with the small child in the elevator were especially inconsiderate. Anyone with the smallest amount of common sense wouldn't have allowed the child to push all those buttons like that.
Shame on them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Hopefully the kitties made it all better!
2 purring, cuddly kitties
always make things ok
Probably the best stress reliever around.

Thanks everyone for not focusing on my rudeness towards those 2 chatty people in the elevator. I still feel really badly about having done that

Today was better! I stayed inside, LOL

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm actually quite ashamed and embarrassed for yelling at those 2 people in the elevator.
You know, we all snap sometimes. I wouldn't let it get to you. What they were doing was extremely rude, and quite frankly, they deserved to be yelled at.

Originally Posted by theimp98

and to answer your question, yes, i tend to tell people to move it almost every day.
I have the feeling that most people jump and move for you pretty quickly too!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you handled things very well, and we all understand that "last straw" feeling!

Have a better weekend!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Thanks everyone for not focusing on my rudeness towards those 2 chatty people in the elevator. I still feel really badly about having done that

Today was better! I stayed inside, LOL
I don't think you were rude to them, though. They were the ones holding up the whole elevator! It's one thing if there was no one else there, but to make you stand there, listening to their boring conversation is not right. Plus, you asked them first to move before you yelled, so they had their chance!

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Hey I don't blame you I think you were pretty nice after the day you had no fault of yours but of the rude people you encounted .
How some parents can let there children do what they want I'll never understand, Adults should know better blocking the elevator door.....HOW RUDE ! What happened to good old manners last I new they never go out of style

Hope you have a better weekend