Do not describe........

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like whenever I start a thread, and I click on the notify me option, it always ends up where I don't get my notifications and when I go back to my thread and check, it says "do not subscribe". I thought the first few times I had accidentally forgot to click on it, but now I know it just isn't working for me.....any ideas???

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, I can't help, because I was so overwhelmed by emails when I tried out that option that I quickly stopped using it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I know there is (or was?) a limit to the number of subscribed threads, try deleting some older ones and see if it will let you have new ones?
do you by any chance know what the limit is? inquiring minds, & all...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i know it's bigger than that, because i currently have over 1300

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i know it's bigger than that, because i currently have over 1300
How in the world do you keep track of them, Laureen? That would drive me insane. I have enough trouble keeping up with my normal emails.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

How in the world do you keep track of them, Laureen? That would drive me insane. I have enough trouble keeping up with my normal emails.
i subscribe, but i don't get the email notification. that way, it's easy for me to check up on the threads i've found interesting/important/whatever enough to post in.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

i subscribe, but i don't get the email notification. that way, it's easy for me to check up on the threads i've found interesting/important/whatever enough to post in.
Me, three. In fact, I just looked and found that I'm subscribed to 4400 threads -- yes, you read that right
-- time to get in there and do some serious "unsubscribing". I agree, though, that is the simplest way to go if one wants to keep track without being inundated with emails.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a way that TCS can consider notifying us of new posts, the ones we are subscribed too, by PM?

The reson behind me asking, I have a email account that none of my friends know about, just so I can roam TCS without anyone IM'ing me, emailing me, ect...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Me, three. In fact, I just looked and found that I'm subscribed to 4400 threads -- yes, you read that right
-- time to get in there and do some serious "unsubscribing". I agree, though, that is the simplest way to go if one wants to keep track without being inundated with emails.
I must have done something wrong when I tried to subscribe to certain threads. I regularly use five email accounts (don't ask - I actually tried to keep personal/business and U.S./German accounts apart from TCS matters, and have emails forwarded from some accounts to others, so 200 or 300 emails a day is about the average. And no, I don't get spam. YIKES! I'm going batty trying to keep up, so no more subscribed threads!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I never got any email notifications for this thread, so I lost it.....thanks for the replys guys....I don't know what's going on....I guess I can go and try and delete some of my old subscriptions.......

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, I never got any email notifications for this thread, so I lost it.....thanks for the replys guys....I don't know what's going on....I guess I can go and try and delete some of my old subscriptions.......
I got a notification for this post but not the others. Maybe it is working now.