Do you like dogs?

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey, I was always wondering, do cat-lovers love cats as well as dogs or they hate dogs?

From my own experience I really hate dogs especially after what happened to one of my kitties however I'd like you to share your own opinion as I'm sure some of you might be disagree with me

Arie

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love all animals and I have a dog myself. Hes a sweetie pie and he lives with 5 cats.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all animals though I AM more of a cat person. I have 3 dogs, two in my siggy and also a Bullmastiff named Sandy. It's a lot of work and in the future I plan to only have 2 dogs, but Sandy was my boyfriend's dog so I kind of inherited her.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love dogs unfortunately the apt. building I live in doesn't allow them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I don't like dogs who like to kill cats but of course there are cute dogs out there, here's an example of my friend's dog:

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am with dogs the way some people are with kids- I like MY dogs...not so crazy about everyone elses.

We have a nutty walkerhound/ boxer (?) mix and a mellow bullmastiff....those two are enough for me.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prior to marriage I had a husky/sheppard mix named Wizard - loved him to pieces. My parents were happy to get rid of me when married, but refused to give up my dog (but as hubby was not fond of Wizard that was best).

I would love to get another dog, maybe when the boys are a little older, but my priority is making my fur and skin kids I currently have happy.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up with dogs (a collie, two basset hounds, and a yellow lab) and absolutely love them. I adore my my furry nephew, Carlos, an incredibly sweet golden retriever.

I wouldn't hesitate to have a dog if I could but don't feel like I have the time to properly care for one. So, I'll have settle for spoiling Carlos!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love dogs and cat s ... I also love other animals ... like bunnies fish retiles... Yup I will likely have a mini zoo...

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love both dogs AND cats. I love my cats alot, they sleep with me, watch tv with me, and all around lovers.

But there is something to be said to take a best friend on a good long walk, or just go out and play catch.

I used to date a guy that had a Italian Mastiff , Cane(male) and a Rottweiler(female) Diamond.

Cane had notches on his collar for stray cats, since we had lived in the country. It wasent something that ould be helped, as we had a 1/2 acre pen, and it had trees in it, and the cats would go INTO the pen!!! not to bright.

well, i was ALWAYS a cat lover, so i wanted a big tom. I told my SO at the time, and he said, you KNOW how cane is. I said, well, we have that lil chicken coup in the backyard, he can stay there till hes old enough. then we will have to cordinate when we let the dog out, to when the cat would be.

So he said OK. we found an ad in the paper for barn kittens, and went to look. there was this ADORABLE lil male american bobcat kitten. he was fiesty!! So i said HIM. we took him home, and TRIED to keep him in the house. NO worky,lol. He went EVERYWHERE but the litter ( he was prob 7-8 weeks old) So we set him up in the chicken coup, which was a old shed with a chicken wire fense around a "deck" on the outside of it. he was happy there, had a great time taunting the dog from the safety of inside.

One day, Cane and diamond were outside, and i didnt know it as i went to feed Tom Tom( real origional i know!). I was inside feeding him, and Cane burst though my legs. I was in shock, trying to grab the kitten.

NO worries! the kitten reacted to Cane faster then Cane knew what it was. Tom Tom latched himself AROUND canes muzzle!! I was laughing SOOOO Hard!! Tom was hissing and spitting, and poor Cane was looking at me like " get it off, get it off , get it OFF!!" . I took Tom Tom off cane, and cane ran for the hills. I knew then Tom Tom and Cane had it in for each other.

When Tom Tom was older, and could get out of the coup, he would roam, and come home the MINUTE he heard the screen door slam, that most the time meant food to him,lol. Most the time, i would yell for him, and tell him , CANES COMING. he knew then to scoot!

One day, i watched as Tom Tom suned himself on the huge rocks near the dog pen. he would stick his tail IN the pen, and wait for Cane. Once Cane got there, he would retract it, like he was TAUNTING Cane!!! it was a game for them. They did this day in and day out.

The dogs had a 1/2 acre pen, and 1/4 of it was a enclosed porch, with a doggy door. Tom would yell for Cane in the am, and they would run near each other, outside the pen several times a day. After a while, Cane grew to like Tom as a friend, i was shocked!!

One day, Cane was in the pen, and there was Tom, in the tree, IN THE PEN. I was freakin, thinkin he was signing his death wish. but nope, he was teasing Cane. Diamond al this time never gave tom the time of day.

A few weeks later, Cane was sleeping on the porch, and Tom Tom was sleeping WITH HIM. i was again freakin, but again, they settled me by acting like friends!!!

for weeks, then months, then years, they did this, Cane would share the porch with Tom, since the porch was heated in the winter.

On thanksgiving day one year, we woke up early, let Cane and Diamond out, then came back to be. INSTANTLY cane wanted back in, so we let him. He came over to my SO, and was crying. and he smelled like cat pee. At first my SO thought the worst, and went to check. HE let Cane back into the porch, and Cane led him to Tom. Tom was dead, but not by Cane. cane was laying by him, crying, nudging him. So went to check Tom, and found that someone had done something HORRIBLE to him. he was missing his face :cry:.

So we looked all over, and in the driveway, was poor toms face, alng with another cats body. We NEVER found who did it. and Cane never got over the loss of his friend, and never liked another cat.

I just couldnt believe a dog that HATED cats could have such a soul-mated friend like that. To bad they didnt have more time together. Tom was the best cat i could have EVER asked for, and i miss him alot. this happened only 8 years ago.

Sorry so long winded, sweet memories and all........

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really like dogs, especially big dogs or hyper dogs. I live with 2 dogs (they aren't mine) and one is a big one and one is hyper and I really don't like it. I don't mind small dogs, and I really like huskies but I don't think I would ever adopt one for myself.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I
dogs very much! I own big and small, always have. I am a huge dog lover and very involved with showing and training dogs. They listen really well, are friendly, and go out in public with me often.
All my dogs (and the cat) are inside and sleep on the bed with us every night. I love all animals, and mine are all spoiled and adored, and I do what I can to help others (dogs and cats) but dogs are my first love. I am a dog and cat person

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It takes a very special dog for me to like. I hate the really tiny, nervous, yippy dogs that are constantly scared, shivering, and barking, but I dislike the BIG dogs that jump or bark or whatnot as well. I dislike the way most of them have super similar personalities, and the way most of them just don't think past food. Oh well, I'm a cat person, all the way!

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love dogs.
I think I am probably more of a "cat person" because understanding them comes readily to me, but dogs are my true love.

Not that my kitties aren't the greatest.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for all animals and don't like to see any of them hurting or suffering, but I have to admit I'm not much of a dog person.

I grew up around dogs and my parents have dogs now. I enjoy an occasional petting or playing session with them, but I prefer not to own one. I have a bit of a fear of dogs which stems from an incident when I was younger so I'm always a little uneasy around dogs. Plus, to be honest, I can't stand the barking!
A cat meowing or even howling I can take, but a dog barking is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love dogs.I had a dog since I was 6
This is the first time that I have not had a dog and it has only been two months as my 1 year old dog had bit me so we had to find it a new home and luckily someone in our family took him and he is well taken care of but yes I love dogs

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fiery

I dislike the way most of them have super similar personalities, and the way most of them just don't think past food. Oh well, I'm a cat person, all the way!
This is exactly what I was going to say. I feel used when a dog walks up to me when I am eating, and totally ignore me unless if I am eating. Cats and horses are both #1 on my list. Dogs, eh, I wouldn't die if I never had one, but wouldn't mind taking one from a shelter either-it would just have to be in a crate while we were eating and possibly at night too.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not real nutty about dogs, although I do like the company of larger dogs. We have a German Shepard and I love him to bits.