I spent how much at Petco?

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ran up to Petco at lunch to pick up a few things. I can't believe I bought $107 worth of cat stuff at one time! I hate spending that much on myself, but anything for the kitties. They now have:

A Furminator
Feliway refill
Royal Canin dry food
Litter Locker catridge refill
furniture repellant (an attempt to keep Bob off my tables at night - he knocks over the alarm clock and tries to find and steal my glasses)

I guess I'm now qualifying as a crazy cat lady.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love spoiling my cats too... don't worry, I think the majority of us here at TCS are crazy cat people! (I wonder why?
)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooooh the Furminator is worth it!!!!

And I get my Litter Locker refills from PetGuys - I get 5 at a time and it works out cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope the Furminator works. Bickford has an extremely dense coat that mats a lot. I have a Shed Ender that works somewhat but it's really slow going on him.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered Riley a furminator from ebay which should arrive in the next few days. I got a great price for it there!

I don't spend less than $40 every time I walk into the pet store. He's going to bankrupt me, lol.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

I ran up to Petco at lunch to pick up a few things. I can't believe I bought $107 worth of cat stuff at one time!

Sounds normal to me!!

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Went there with my daughter and she spent 106 dollars on things for her cats too! Of course she was a new meowmie so she needed everything!! I spent 19 dollars and didn't need anything at that point. Now I am going broke buying formula for Mickey, but he is so worth it!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The "Shed Ender" and "Furminator" look like pretty much the same thing to me. Both use a fine tooth comb to get the under layer. Could probably get the same result using one of those lice combs that comes with lice treatment kits for humans.

A lice comb

Another

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans MS"]I can't help it when I go into PetCo! I'm very glad that I am able to earn money working close to home (on the ranch where I live, gathering and working cattle, fixing fence, checking cattle, etc) so I can spend money on my babies! Tucker (my dog) gets treats, because he doesn't like toys. Zoey gets all sorts of stuff! New flavors of cat food, treats, toys, scratchers! And then there's the hamster, Sassafras, who gets bedding which is REALLY expensive, chews and treats and toys. I manage to limit myself thought so I spend about $40, counting the $20 hamster bedding which lasts me a month! But everytime I go in there, all 3 get something special. Wyatt (my horse) gets good brushings and mints, since horse tack is so expensive, I only have 1 special blanket for him and whatever bridle is laying around, though he does have a special halter. But the point is: I am willing to spend so much more money on my furbabies than on myself!
[/font]

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The "Shed Ender" and "Furminator" look like pretty much the same thing to me. Both use a fine tooth comb to get the under layer. Could probably get the same result using one of those lice combs that comes with lice treatment kits for humans.

A lice comb

Another
A lice comb definitely doesn't get as much fur out, but I'd be interested to hear from someone who has both a Shedender and a Furminator. The Furminator is the 4th brush we've tried on the kitties and nothing else even comes close to how much fur the Furminator gets out.

I don't know what it is about it, but it rocks!

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

I ran up to Petco at lunch to pick up a few things. I can't believe I bought $107 worth of cat stuff at one time! I hate spending that much on myself, but anything for the kitties. They now have:

A Furminator
Feliway refill
Royal Canin dry food
Litter Locker catridge refill
furniture repellant (an attempt to keep Bob off my tables at night - he knocks over the alarm clock and tries to find and steal my glasses)

Be careful of those repellent things.. read the label CAREFULLY before spraying it anywhere. I bought some a year or so ago, and read the label after I lost the receipt.
It had flammable warnings all over it, and it was toxic, not to get it on your hands or on anything you'd touch, etc etc. Lets just say that went straight to the dump along with our old cans of paint the next Saturday.

And Natalie, a lice comb gets out nowhere near as much fur as even those little metal combs (not furminators) do. I have one, and have used it on my cats, but it sucks and they hate it. I think it just hurts them.

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That store is the worst when it comes to spending $$$$$$$
Every time I go in there I buy more then what I was going in for, but its for the cats right

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wish they had rows and rows of cat stuff like they do dog stuff...

On the other hand... I would be really broke if that were the case!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny1124

I just wish they had rows and rows of cat stuff like they do dog stuff...

On the other hand... I would be really broke if that were the case!
I hear you there.My petco has a ton more dog stuff then cat.I always wondered why they dont carry more cat supplies / toys

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a furminator on order also from QVC or HSN, don't remember which one, it seems a lot of us are getting this, sure hope it works well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Furminator is incredible! I couldn't believe how much fur it got out of both cats.