Cleveland area meet up?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I know - what's a chick from Colorado doing asking about Ohio???

Well, every year, I travel out to Ohio for a week for the National Rifle Matches, and I think it's a great opportunity to meet more wonderful TCSers that I may not otherwise have the chance to meet up with!

This year, I have two possible dates that would work for a meet up, but y'all have to work with my schedule a little.

Saturday, July 28th. This would have to be a late afternoon/evening meet up, and would have to be somewhere that I could easily find since I'm not from there.

Or Sunday, August 5th. This would have to be a morning/brunch meet up, since I would have to be at the airport by around 1:00 (give or take). This could be more flexible for location, depending on Christy's (okeefecl) schedule. Last year she was able to meet me early to drop off my rental and take me to the airport after brunch so I didn't have to try to navigate.

Anyone interested?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm obviously not from the Cleveland area, but I wanted to say how cool it is that you do this every year.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely interested! Either day would work I prefer August though. If we end up going with the July date, I need to know asap to make sure I don't get scheduled at work, although I would 7am til about 3:30 pm so an evening meet up would work.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is so exciting!!!

I'm hoping to come and combine it with a visit with Katie and her kitties. Since it's a 5 hour drive (more or less) from Cincy, I'll probably spend the night at my cousin's house, who lives in the area. She just doesn't know it yet.

At this point, either date works for me. I can even bring you another kitty from Cincinnati if you want, Heidi.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! I am soooo interested! I can't believe it's already been a year! It seems like yesterday we were talking about this at brunch last year!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a talk with my rifle who seems to think 2 years with no shooting in matches is a bad thing, lol so i was thinking going to the Rifle Matches, but i still dont think my back could deal with it.

i am sure you ladies will have a grand old time woot

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually there were 2 last year. One out near Columbus I think where we saw the big cats and one up in Cleveland somewhere at a restaurant.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Actually there were 2 last year. One out near Columbus I think where we saw the big cats and one up in Cleveland somewhere at a restaurant.
The one near Columbus was at my friend's sanctuary, where Carmelo lives at the moment. There was the 3 of us there. You, me and I forget who the 3rd person was. I didn't know there was another meet up. Must have missed that one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is going to be so fun!

Looking at my schedule as things get finalized, I think that Saturday, July 28th in the evening would work best for me. Christy has agreed to meet me someplace I can find and then she'll drive from there. I also figure that on Saturday evening, I don't have a hard and fast end time (i.e. a plane to catch), so we can just play it by ear and let it end when it ends.

Would any of you be willing to organize this? Figure out a time and place we can meet?

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just came back from Cleveland, and if you are looking for a restaurant to meet up at the Bonefish Grill in Independence (very close to Cleveland) is a pretty good place to eat.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can not make this date, so I will not be able to attend. Maybe everyone could meet at the Cleveland Metropark Zoo. Visit the awesome rain forest, see all the big cats and other animals, then go someplece to eat.

crouchingcheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm about an hour east of Cleveland, I'd be interested. Although, I have to do some volunteer work for a cat sanctuary on the 28th until about noon or so.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrouchingCheese

I'm about an hour east of Cleveland, I'd be interested. Although, I have to do some volunteer work for a cat sanctuary on the 28th until about noon or so.
You must reside in the same general area as I do

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Count me in! I don't the area at all, but will be staying at my cousin's house who lives in Strongsville.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm interested but I won't be able to do the meet-up if it's on the 28th
I'm going to Geauga Lake and can't reschedule