It's Music Festival Season!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!
T'is my favourite season!!!

Tonight is my yearly pilgimage to Bluesfest and I'm going to see Bob Dylan! I've been wanting to see him for ages and ages. Last year at Bluesfest I went to see Great Big Sea and years before I've gone to see bands like Buckwheat Zydeco and Al Green and Sting And Bryan Adams and Emmylou Harris and Down From The Mountain and Mighty Popo and all of them have been so so SOOOO FUN! Last night Van Morrison played for the opening of Bluesfest, and 35,000 people showed up for the concert. I didn't go, because I think two back to back concerts would be too much for my poor little ears

We have the Folk festival as well, and up until last year there was the Tulip Festival (which sort of phased out the music, but it was really fun while it lasted,
). There is also a Jazz Festival and a Classical Music festival. All of them are wonderful. But for me it's Bluesfest that takes the cake, I've been going for seven years now and I wouldn't miss it.

So what kind of music festivals do you have around?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toronto has all kinds of music festivals - I have been to a few of the Jazz fests.

You got to see Great Big Sea - I love them! Are they as good live as their CDs are?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Toronto has all kinds of music festivals - I have been to a few of the Jazz fests.

You got to see Great Big Sea - I love them! Are they as good live as their CDs are?
Oh yes! If they ever come here again I'm going, I love their stuff too. It was such a fun concert!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

Oh yes! If they ever come here again I'm going, I love their stuff too. It was such a fun concert!
I think I will put on their CD "the Hard and the Easy" right now.....