$22,000, 30lb cat

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's basically a Savannah cat not bred to standard. Since it's this big it has to be an early generation one (looks that way too).

Basically the people selling that cat are frauds from my point of view because they're not offering anything unique that can't be found elsewhere for much less money. F2 Savannahs which this one looks a fair bit like can be bought for around $3,500 to ~$5,000 depending on the cat and the breeder.

Also the early generation Savannahs are really not for everyone, they're incredibly active and can be dangerous just because of their size.

Here's a picture of a beatiful early gen Savannah

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Siggav, that Savannah is awesome! I just love this breed.

As for that Lifestyles Pet place...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another desinger cat (like the desinger dogs) created to rip off the public. Matter of time before someone is seriously hurt.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't feel any cat is worth that kind money unless it is a National Winning stud cat.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even a National Winning Stud (Persian - the most expensive breed) is not valued at $20,000. The most expensive cat I've ever heard of is $15,000 and that was sold to the Japanese!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

IMO anything over $5,000 is not worth it. For those prices you can get a new car!
I would have to agree....

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Even a National Winning Stud (Persian - the most expensive breed) is not valued at $20,000. The most expensive cat I've ever heard of is $15,000 and that was sold to the Japanese!
I know a breeder who just paid $20,000 for a bengal stud. His name is OS IW SGC Bridlewood A License to Thrill.

Quite the famous cat, but I would never pay that amount.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I googled for him and wow he's a stunning Bengal but still that's *a lot* of money for a cat.

Here's the boy:

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree - he's a good looking boy, but personally I think you'd be nutz to put out that much money for an animal

baelfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow thriller went for 20,000. I guess because he is considered the best stud the price is reasonably but still 20,000 dollars for a cat T___T. Isn't his stud fee around 2000?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you click on "dogs" from that site it says they are "developing a new breed of very small dog" ugh...

Aren't early-gen Savannahs potentially somewhat wild and aggressive? I could be wrong...but if so I really hope they warn any buyers of this.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it possible for them to leap on anymore bandwagons???

If people took just a little time to do research they'd soon discover that a savannah would be basically the same cat (and imo better looking) for Alot less money. Although the kind of people who buy one of those don't do their research.
It worries me that there are no invitations to see the mothers, living conditions etc, you just hand over the money and 6months later... hey presto, you have an extremely active kitten your lifestyle is probably ill-equipped to deal with.