My Clarks finally bit the dust

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved those shoes, simple, khaki colored slip ons that were great for dress or casual.

I could not find any Clarks to replace them and I was slowly giving up hope.

Skechers came to me rescue, I found these on sale locally, I love them, and like my Clarks I can dress them up or down, and they wear like a sports shoe.

This makes my third pair of Skechers (I have a pair of boots and a pair of thongs too) and I hope I have them for just as long as I've had the others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went everywhere, my Clarks were so old that the style isn't being made, and my on again off again swelling feet make me feet very picky about shoes.

I did find some almost identical, but they were slingback (with no elestic) and the straps were not adjustable.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a really cute pair of clarks i've had for several years now! clarks are great shoes!!!!! i'm glad you found a replacement for your old pair!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I went everywhere, my Clarks were so old that the style isn't being made, and my on again off again swelling feet make me feet very picky about shoes.

I did find some almost identical, but they were slingback (with no elestic) and the straps were not adjustable.
If you want sandals, I highly recommend Chacos. The straps are completely adjustable... with one exception: the heel. This is what I have: Chacos on Zappos

Fortunately, one of my jobs allows me to wear whatever shoes i want... so these get used. I have REALLY finicky feet (Clarks and Danskos even make my feet hurt), but with these, I have no problems... they're very rugged, but nice too.

I will never look at another pair of sandals again. I'm dead serious. If you need to try sizes on, go to their website and find a retailer. REI has them, along with several other places. Those things will fit anyone...

Amanda

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh....those Skechers are cute!
I might need to find me a pair like them!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo!! I love Clarks, but can never find a pair that fit me right (at least in my older age).

Congrats on the new shoes!

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you are talking about the same Clarks shoe shop here in England.. I'm not keen on them at all.. they seem to have old fashioned style or they are made for kids.