Strange fetishes

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Clyde to death!! We say he is the best momma a kitten could hope for (even though he is a boy). He excepts every cat we foster and lets them do whatever they want (with in cat limits)
He has this strange habit of licking the plastic bags from the store. It doesnt matter which store, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Safeway... Today when we came home he actually rolled over like a dog, completely over, several times. He was so happy to see the bags. He sits and licks them for 10 minutes or until I put the groceries away. He also steals paper. He will take receipts, bills, homework anything paper and run away with it. I find it under my sons bed licked and nibbled around the edges. Does anyone else have these issues.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats are weird, what can I say! My boys aren't into plastic, but they looove a good chew on paper. Sometime they'll steal old bills and I find them gnawed to bits in their "special hiding spot"- ie. the bottom barrel of their cat tree.
And then there's their special technique of sitting on a piece of paper for hours, just because they feel like it.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans MS"]This is what makes cats so unique. No two are alike; they each have their own individual personalities, humorous quirks, fascinating minds, and incredible attitudes. This is just a terribly cute and amusing quirk your cat has! Be proud of it!
[/font]

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neely has more quirks than any cat we have ever had.
She will only drink out of the dog's water bowl, she likes to nibble on anything that has tape, she jumps in the grocery bags when I come home from shopping (with the groceries still in them), and she steals miniature figurines my daughter keeps on her book shelves. But it's her quirks that make her special!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree! Cats are so funny. He also likes to play with Micah's toys but he is very gentle to not get near him.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my cats steals foam make-up sponges from me. I have to remember to put them in the drawer because she will hop up on the bathroom counter, take them, and hide them under the closet door.

My other cat just has a fetish for my husband (she follows him around and curls up next to him at night).....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahaha! I guess that is why we love them so!

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha, the bag thing... he pees on them when he gets any in his sights, I have to be very careful not to leave one out or even remotely accessible...

I also went through a couple of those mini bookbags because if I left them on the dining room table, he peed on them...

they are weird little creatures. The pic of the cat with the baby... soo cute

ashlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bras, my Charlotte loves bras. They are her favorite toys. SHe will drag them around the house and bunnykick them for hours.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashlie

Bras, my Charlotte loves bras. They are her favorite toys. SHe will drag them around the house and bunnykick them for hours.
Neely uses them as her personal sling shot. If I leave it hanging up on a hook she will jump up and pull on it until she can get it down, then plan her next attack.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday licks bags too. We call him our Customs Agent because he sniffs everything that comes in from the outside. If given half a chance, Kit will eat Styrofoam (naturally, we don't let her) and she'll leave mechanical pencils in shatters. She'll fight you to take them right out of your hand! Hemmy's quirks are far to numerous to list.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sebastian loves styrofoam! He goes ga-ga over it. Weird guy! I have to make sure none of it stays around or he will root it out.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

My other cat just has a fetish for my husband (she follows him around and curls up next to him at night).....
Uh-oh! Someone has competition...