Need advise cat vomiting causes

luv my tabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am hoping someone can direct me to a site that will have more, in-depth info on why cats vomit; most sites I have viewed are very generalized and just give the same "possibilities". My Alley (only 3 yrs old) is very picky eater and I only have her eating Purina Adult Special Care for Sensitive Systems--I believe this agrees with her; and the only treats she gets are cat milk and (people) tuna, both only occasionally. She doesn't vomit the same day I give her the treats, necessairly. I am suspecting she has digestive problems--maybe defects or ? Other than the intermittent vomiting, she appears to be healthy; this is also according to her vet. Any suggestions on where I can get further info would be appreciated

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try a food without by products , or high amounts of corn...

HUMAN tuna is a NO NO ....

How often does it happen...?

Is it food or hair and food or is it liquid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luv my tabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have a suggestion on a different food I can try? I think it best to use one that is for sensitive systems, also. Maybe you can suggest a brand of treat I can try for her, too--she does get bored, even though she is the one that is picky!! I can stop the tuna, but it is one of the few foods she will eat (I only gave it to her in small amounts, as a snack).
She is only vomiting about 2 times per week now (and I don't vary the snacks like I used to). The consistency is of food and, sometimes alot of liquid and/or saliva (occasionally like bile, too). I don't think the problem has much to do with furballs, as I brush her often and she has short hair.
Thanx, Sharky

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
foods to look at

Nutro natural choice / max in the hairball formulas( petco petsmart and little mom and pop shops )

Calfornia natural ( the chn one)( mom and pop stores)

Sensible choice ( petco and mom and pop)

Solid gold( petco and mom and pop)

Natural balence ( petco and mom and pop )

Chicken soup ( the least expensive but I would recommend till you try a simple food first)

All of these are good foods and a lot easier to digest than the current one as well as being about same price as one...

SLowly introduce over 7-14 days the new food ... if no improvement try a different vet

Are you willing to give wet food??

luv my tabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't mind giving her wet food. Maybe I could try these others as regular food and use the wet food as a treat. Let me know which wet food I can try and see if it is agreeable with my cat. Thanx again.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll leave the specific food question to sharky. I just wanted to offer another vote for wet food. 2 of my cats had a lot of vomiting problems on some "corn-heavy" dry foods. Leopold used to vomit as frequently as your Alley, but now (on wet food), he hardly ever vomits. It's great not to have to wash the comforter every 3 days.
I hope you have the same success with some new foods.

luv my tabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I'll leave the specific food question to sharky. I just wanted to offer another vote for wet food. 2 of my cats had a lot of vomiting problems on some "corn-heavy" dry foods. Leopold used to vomit as frequently as your Alley, but now (on wet food), he hardly ever vomits. It's great not to have to wash the comforter every 3 days.
I hope you have the same success with some new foods.
..in attempt to see if I can change my Alley to wet food? I know to carefully "phase" it in....Thanx again

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My question is what can you afford???

I ask cause I can recommend a food that is just to far out of $$$ for you and that wont do you any good...
AVE for 5-6 oz
30-60 cents a can ( try a can a day
)

60 cents to 1.15 a can

1.15 to 1.75

over 1.75

luv my tabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...60 cents/day. And, hopefully that will afford food for sensitive stomachs. What do you think? Thanx Sharky.

Originally Posted by sharky

My question is what can you afford???

I ask cause I can recommend a food that is just to far out of $$$ for you and that wont do you any good...
AVE for 5-6 oz
30-60 cents a can ( try a can a day
)

60 cents to 1.15 a can

1.15 to 1.75

over 1.75

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
pro pac

authority

are in that range and can be okay for sensitive tummys

13oz are better buys

Nutro

Solid gold

Eagle pack

sometimes you can also get these at the 60 cents for 6 oz

Innova

cal natural

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vote also goes for canned foods. My Trixter used to throw up quite often on dry, and ended up diabetic, too. Canned foods keep his pancreas working and he very rarely vomits anymore, either. Canned foods high in protien (preferably wheat gluten free) are a much more natural and digestible diet for our little obligate carnivores than a diet of mostly corn and wheat gluten. (Dr Lisa's site for expert feline nutrition info: www.catinfo.org )

Hope your baby feels better soon!