oyal canin or natural balance?

rugthugs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone out there use either of these brands for their cats, and if so, what did/do you think of it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Royal canin a solid food , many of them are a bit grainy

Natural balence I love there allergy formula , the reg and light are often a bit rich ... but I would choose this one of the two brands...

sphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Royal Canin Fit 32 for my cat. He loves it and does very well on it

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would choose Royal Canin. Royal Canin foods are lower in carbs which tells me they actually have more meat than NB, even though they list more grains.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We feed Royal Canin Beauty & Fit (or Special 33). Charlie's breeder feeds it to her cats and she's got some of the top oci's in the country

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin here too - mainly Senisble and Persian 32, Beauty and Fit when available

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would choose Natural Balance if I had to pick one. The corn and wheat in the RC turns me off. There are other factors, but that's the first one.

My cats eat the canned Natural Balance, in addition to other brands.

Originally Posted by kitytize

I would choose Royal Canin. Royal Canin foods are lower in carbs which tells me they actually have more meat than NB, even though they list more grains.
I'm not sure which RC formula you're referring to, but I looked at Beauty+Fit against NB Ultra (original formula). The numbers (protein+fat) are almost the same. When it comes to fiber...The RC has an excessive amount IMO, 8.5%, while the NB seems more reasonable at 3%. I'll admit I'm sort of confused at the "correct" way to estimate carb content, but it seems if we leave the fiber out of the equation then the 2 foods are almost equal (using the inaccurate guar. analysis values). The fiber can't be coming from chicken.
Just my take on things.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I'm not sure which RC formula you're referring to, but I looked at Beauty+Fit against NB Ultra (original formula).
To be accurate you need the *as fed anaylsis* I do have that info for NB and NB carbs are 31% carbs I do not have *as fed* for RC Special 33 but even when I do the *guaranteed* it comes out to 26% carbs this is not accurate but shouldn't be way off. I have not checked Beauty & Fit. Special 33 is lower in carbs.