Thunderstorm warnings and tornado watch.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that we had an major plans for the 4th, but we are now under tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warnings until 10:00pm. Great!
I guess Mother Nature has her own fireworks planned.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were under a Thunderstorm watch last night-we got rain but really not any stormy weather. Hoping you don't get any severe weather today.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got some fireworks coming our way too! Look at all that lightning!

I'm going to go hide now!

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Not that we had an major plans for the 4th, but we are now under tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warnings until 10:00pm. Great!
I guess Mother Nature has her own fireworks planned.
I'm sorry to hear that... I would be very scared if I heard something like that ...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I prefer Mother Nature's firworks to the man made kind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I think I prefer Mother Nature's firworks to the man made kind.
I LOVE thunderstorms, but when the wind starts picking things up like cars, houses...THAT freaks me out! I'm actually in the mood for a good thunderstorm but not a tornado.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're under a tornado watch too, until 9 p.m. EST... we just had a bunch of rain move through, but nothing serious so far.

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You get all the good stuff!! We had a tornado watch-which means here just a big ol' thunderstorm and a lot of wind. We hardly ever get tornadoes, but I LOVE a good thunderstorm
BUT they cancelled our watch
But maybe out to the west of us there are some more brewing, the sun is out now which means radiational heating, good fuel for nice thunderstorms!!

I hope I don't offend anyone. I realize storms ARE dangerous and make alot of bad things happen. Some people think I'm weird cause I love storms, I do,but not ones that take lives and really destroy property.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a tornado watch in NJ too.

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ARRRRRRRGH all the good stuff is going below us!! I just checked the radar and it would have to go a bit north of Indy to get me>

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
{Because I'm an hour from you, lol} I was suprised when I saw the watch going on....It really isn't that grey here, but it rained a little. Maybe that'll be the extent of it?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I LOVE thunderstorms, but when the wind starts picking things up like cars, houses...THAT freaks me out! I'm actually in the mood for a good thunderstorm but not a tornado.
I enjoy a lightening show too. But around here lately the storms have been getting a little too intense for my liking.
Stay safe!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We weren't supposed to get anything until after midnight. But about 4pm it started clouding up and those booms weren't fireworks! Then the storm sirens sounded.

Did get some rain but not enough to stop the guys at the picnic from playing washers and it ended. But as I was driving home about 9PM it started raining so hard I pulled over - as did the car behind me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

{Because I'm an hour from you, lol} I was suprised when I saw the watch going on....It really isn't that grey here, but it rained a little. Maybe that'll be the extent of it?
Yeah, all we got was a little downpour, and that was after the storm and tornado watch ended. But, did you hear they evacuated the National Mall today? They got hammered down in DC and surrounding areas! Hail, some tornadoes sighted, but I don't think any actually touched down though. Everything seems to have gone around us...until tomorrow.