Owwww!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my stomach started to get itchy and I looked at it and thought it was a bug bite. When I went to bed it was still itchy and I had some afterbite down in my bedroom so I put it on. That was by far the worst pain I have had in a loooooooong time.
Basically how I described it to my boyfriend was...you know how on tv someone pours acid on something and it eats away at it really fast? well thats how it felt except it felt like it was eating away at my skin and pouring into my stomach.

I got up and looked at it in the mirror and it did eat away at the skin. I still don't know what it was but it was soooo red around it and bleeding
Before I put the afterbite on it just looked like a bug bite. Today it is really sore and it has clear stuff coming out of it.

I don't know what to think of it. I have no idea what it is or what to do.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it might be a spider bite of some kind - try to have an allergy pill - it may help.

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it might have got infected if you have any antiseptic cream I would put that on it, but if it doesn't clear up I would go see the doctor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

If it bothers you so much why not going to the doctor? he might be able to help and who knows maybe get you a "magic cure" ... anyway I wish you will stay safe
The only problem is, I don't have a doctor where I live. He is in the town where is used to live about 45 minutes away and he is really hard to get in to see.

I will give it a couple days, if it doesn't get any better I will go to the hospital since that is my only option around here.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't get a ride to a walk in clinic? I don't think they have one where you live but there should be one in the area somewhere.

I hope it feels better soon!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have brown recluse spiders where you live? My aunt got bit by one, and it sounds almost identical to what you're describing. Basically, the venom kills the tissue around the bite. My aunt said the only thing more painful was childbirth. I would get to a clinic or something as soon as you can. If there isn't a clinic nearby, try a pharmacy. They may be able to give you some topical treatment. I forget what kind of treatment my aunt had to take, but she still has the scar. Hopefully, that's not what bit you....but it does sound like some kind of spider bite.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Do you have brown recluse spiders where you live? My aunt got bit by one, and it sounds almost identical to what you're describing. Basically, the venom kills the tissue around the bite. My aunt said the only thing more painful was childbirth. I would get to a clinic or something as soon as you can. If there isn't a clinic nearby, try a pharmacy. They may be able to give you some topical treatment. I forget what kind of treatment my aunt had to take, but she still has the scar. Hopefully, that's not what bit you....but it does sound like some kind of spider bite.
I don't think we have them in Ontario.

from wikipedia:

The brown recluse spider is native to the United States from the southern Midwest south to the Gulf of Mexico [2] The native range lies roughly south of a line from southeastern Nebraska through southern Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana to southwestern Ohio. In the southern states, it is native from central Texas to western Georgia. They are generally not found west of the Rocky Mountains.[3] A related species, the brown violin spider (Loxosceles rufescens), is found in Hawai'i.[4]

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

That is what I was thinking too. I am terrified of those things!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Geez, that's weird...does it still hurt you now?
to you!
Yeah it still hurts a bit.

I don't think it would be a spider bite. It doesn't look like one to me plus I think I would have noticed a spider crawling up my shirt. It could be that though...but I hope not. I hate spiders.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Yeah it still hurts a bit.

I don't think it would be a spider bite. It doesn't look like one to me plus I think I would have noticed a spider crawling up my shirt. It could be that though...but I hope not. I hate spiders.
unless it bit you in your sleep....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you doing better today? Did you try the allergy pill? Often bites swell as a sign of a slight allergic reaction.

Hope you feel better today!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

unless it bit you in your sleep....
It was in the evening when it happened. I was sitting on a la-z-boy chair watching tv. I think if it had happened the night before while I was sleeping then I would have realized it during the day. Maybe not though....

Originally Posted by adymarie

Are you doing better today? Did you try the allergy pill? Often bites swell as a sign of a slight allergic reaction.

Hope you feel better today!
It still hurts quite a bit today. It is right on my ribs which does not help at all either. I take benadryl all the time so I have taken it since it happened. Today when I breathe in, it kind of hurts and I am not sure if it is from that or not. I think I need to go get it checked out tomorrow if it is still bothering me. I can't go today because its already 1:30 and I have to work from 5-9 and our hospital is really slow, and there is not a doctor there after 8pm.