How to waste £20!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the pet shop to get the cats food this morning and saw what I thought would be a great toy. I couldn`t wait to see if they liked it but I really got it for Maisie as Kitty doesn`t like cat toys

Maisie was happy to pose with it in the box...

Then I unpacked it and set it up. Spent a while trying to find some batteries and then had the grand switch-on!
...A-hem...

Yes, well, maybe Kitty would have a play with it...

That`s it! Never again!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
typical eh ! I know the feeling - you see something and you think 'wow my kits would like that' and hummmm what do they do
total disgust

have you got any cat-nip spray ? maybe you might get another 2 mins attention from them

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried one of those. Rambo grabbed the little mousie thing and took off running. The base smashed into two walls as he ran (so he ran faster to get away from the banging thing following him), and next thing i know all the electronic gizmos are on the outside of the base and Rambo is happily under the bed with just the mouse....growling at it.

Enough said....next time i just bough a fuzzy mouse.

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I hope you kept the box for them to play with!
he he - isn't that usually the best part??? It certainly was for my kids when they were really little.

Those were very cute pictures though. At least they gave it a little interest - you never know, it could grow on them!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you least expect it - probably when you are just about to doze off - guess which toy they'll play with?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol i spent $16 on a scratch pad and covered it in a $19 bottle of catnip to stop the couch scratching..and it didn't work!!

But i bought a pack of 6 foam balls for $2 last night and Charlie chases them down the hall (we have wooden boards) the kind Jazzy loved!

Sometimes they are just picky. Ive been wanting to get a tree to keep him entertained but im thinking he might not use it...is 8 years too late?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You realise all these companies are making huge amounts of money out of us!

I don`t think it`s too late to buy a cat tree. I`m going to get one for Maisie as she loves climbing up on things. I know Kitty wont use one as he only gets up on his chair and the sofa

He`s too butch for all these special cat things

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

You realise all these companies are making huge amounts of money out of us!

I don`t think it`s too late to buy a cat tree. I`m going to get one for Maisie as she loves climbing up on things. I know Kitty wont use one as he only gets up on his chair and the sofa

He`s too butch for all these special cat things
Well Chuckie love to climb the couch and sink and washing machine and laps and even tries to get out of the enclosure!

But i just wonder if it's worth spending the money, i know Jazzy would have used it because she was mental and little

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Well Chuckie love to climb the couch and sink and washing machine and laps and even tries to get out of the enclosure!

But i just wonder if it's worth spending the money, i know Jazzy would have used it because she was mental and little
Maybe you could look for a second hand one? Just incase. Or if you buy a new one and Chuckie doesn`t like it, is there someone you could sell it on to? Any free ad papers you could look in?

The one`s I`ve seen on the internet are quite cheap. We might be pleasantly suprised and they may love them!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I tried one of those. Rambo grabbed the little mousie thing and took off running. The base smashed into two walls as he ran (so he ran faster to get away from the banging thing following him), and next thing i know all the electronic gizmos are on the outside of the base and Rambo is happily under the bed with just the mouse....growling at it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, typical! They don't want to play with it because you aren't on the other end of it!

I bought something kind of similar. It's a hard red plastic ball that has a plastic pole sticking out of it with some feathers on the end. You spin the "pole" clockwise and let it go and it unwinds. No batteries required. Sometimes Chynna will bat at the feathers, but most times she ignores them. Same with Abby. However, I did see Abby pull that thing near the couch and bat at the feathers from there, but for the most part it was a total waste of money.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I got Jamie a Panic Mouse, thinking it would be just perfect, because he loves fishing pole toys. It occasionally caught his interest the first week or so, but he wasn't thrilled, and then he ignored it.

Fran's Teufel and Kaylee were here, and Teufel loved it, so I sent it home with him. I bet the novelty wore off soon, though.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my sister has a slightly loony cat called PeePee so I`m going to send it to her if they keep ignoring it
Which they probably will.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Mine have broken two of them now so I stopped buying them
Yep, I've gone through two as well. Sampson loved it to death and Takoda would just bite the mouse off and run away with it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least you got some good pics of the kits out of it!

Originally Posted by Renny