Am I crazy? Or....

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
does this happen to other people too?

As most of you know, I've been graced with a new kitten in the house for a little over two weeks now. As they do, Skip finds many reasons to loudly "mew" in his high-pitched little way.

Here's the weird part: All day long now, no matter where I am, I hear mewing. Just now at work (in a cubicle jungle) I swear I heard mewing. In the bushes near the supermarket: mewing. Sometimes even in my car.

I think its that I've trained my ear to listen out for Skip when he is crying, but now I'm hearing it everywhere.

I'm hearing voices! Well, meows anyway.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hear puppies whining all the time because of my foster puppies. I also always here Ari crying even when Im at work. LOL So either we are both crazy or something. LOL

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me its cell phones...I hear cell phone ringing if I receive too many phone calls on one.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kinda like a song getting stuck in your head

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always think I just heard a cat meow or a kitten cry, it doesn't help that I usually am.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i thought i heared heyu meowing after i had goine to bed,
i finalliy got up went to look and she was sleeping in window,
how eazy was sleeping in a chair, in the computer room lol

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did this a lot at first and still from time to time...i think it's like a mother listening for her baby to cry...and instinctual change in the ear. you're not crazy...you just must love your baby a lot...either that or we're both crazy!! :p

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since Jack came home i've been exactly the same
I leave him in the kitchen in the mornings when i go to work, but before i leave i give him a bowl of wetfood to distract him, then run out the house so i can't hear him cry because sometimes it doesn't work

Even as i close the front door i think i can hear him, and i can't because the kitchens at the back of the house!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww aint you a good mommy

I'm the same with any noise to do with cats and their antics - DH sleeps through them all, most mornings I'll say did you hear Pepsi crying for her biscuits and his usual response is NO

I think we are just tuned into cat calls. I can be in a supermarket and stop dead in my tracks cos I think I've heard a kitty call

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I'm the same with any noise to do with cats and their antics - DH sleeps through them all
You've just reminded me!. I was woken at 1.10.a.m with one of them batting a ball about the bedroom. I sat up saw Sophie on the bed and saw who i thought was Jack beside the long mirror i have in the corner. I said "How did you get up here?", but when i switched the light on it was Rosie

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

You've just reminded me!. I was woken at 1.10.a.m with one of them batting a ball about the bedroom. I sat up saw Sophie on the bed and saw who i thought was Jack beside the long mirror i have in the corner. I said "How did you get up here?", but when i switched the light on it was Rosie
Oooh, you just insulted Rosie! The wrath is upon you!

haha, I do that all the time, I'll wake up in the dark, see a fat shape at the end of the bed (or on a window) and I'll say, "Hi Molly!" and it'll be Willow, or "Hi Willow!" and it'll be Molly. Sometimes I'll be lying on my stomach and I'll feel a cat walking across my back, and I'll think about who it is (based on the weight), and I'll say, "Hi Molly!" when it's Buffy (it can be taken as an insult, since Buffy could take that as meaning she's fat) or "Hi Buffy!" when it's Molly (a compliment, since Buffy's so light!). Or I'll see a dark figure lying somewhere and I'll call out either Molly and Buffy and it'll turn out to be the opposite kitty. At least none of them know their names, lol, they respond to "tsk tsk tsk"

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Well I know that it doesn't help that I am blind as a bat, but sometimes at night, when the lights are off and I 'see' one of my kitties, so by instinct I start talking and walking over to greet him/her, annnd what do you know it's either a pillow, shirt, or some other odd thing. Then I realize that I just talked to, petted, and baby talked to a friggen pillow!!! *paper bag over head* THEN I go over to which ever real kitty I was 'talking' too, and apoligize for 1-being and idoit, and 2-for mistaking them and making my cat think, er-know that I am nuts!