Free to a good home: one shaggy black kitty.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch is driving me crazy. For the past two nights we've been woken up by him banging the mini-blinds into the window. If we try to sleep past that stage he'll get between the blinds and the window and tubro scratch the glass. It's like hearing fingernails on a black board.

I'll walk you though it:

BANG BANG BANG BANG

DH: Omg
OMG!

Me:

BANG

Me: SCRATCH FURY DESTROYER OF WORLDS! You'll go back to the humane society TODAY if you don't stop. (He's learned that idle threats don't work)

DH:

::::finger nails on a black board noise::::::

DH:

Me: Okay EVERYBODY out! Out!

I get up and heard every one out the door.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Don't ya just love em?

lol
He's just too cute for words. I know he wants to play, but it's the worst possible time to do it.

We need to figure out a way to get him to stop. I think throwing a toy by him should do the trick.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sashka used to do this interminably. And also climb to the very top of my hatstand at every opportunity - usually when I was asleep. I used a water pistol. Now, before you all gasp and
at me, I would spray it about a metre away from her against the wall. The sound of it stopped her every time. And she could smell the water. After about three squirts I only had to pick it up and she stopped. She was the most demonically possessed kitten that ever lived (she was how I found TCS) and this worked for EVERYTHING. She learned!

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sophia is like that sometimes but she seems to think my feet are a toy and chew... but recently I've ignored what she was doing to my toes and she doesn't seem to be bothered about them now..

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

you could mail him to me,
i like black kitties.
lol then we would have 3
No way... Scratch is staying. Everytime he does something naughty he makes up for it by rolling on his back and letting me rub his belly.

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I think throwing a toy by him should do the trick.
You'd think.
Last time I tried that one during a fit of the 3am crazies, Boog dipped the toy in his water dish, and then brought it back into bed for me to "fetch."

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We shake the spray bottle if the cats are driving nuts when we're trying to sleep. If they continue, I spray on the mist setting - it goes nowhere near them but they hate the sound.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack does the stratching at the glass thing... I used to think it was cute when he did it JUST in the living room at the french door to the patio... but now he does it at my bedroom window. I have no clue why he does it...

As for the water bottle (to others' who mentioned it), I used to use it to get them off of areas like my kitchen counter. Once they discovered (rather quickly) that it got them wet (mist setting, over their heads, letting water fall on them), they hated that bottle. Now, if they're fighting, all I have to do is spray the water up in the air... the sound makes them stop.

Amanda

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonic is a night mare to sleep with apparently- I can sleep through anything but Epona reports him dumping the contents of her jewelery box on her, playing with old bird toys (I remember being woken by bells ringing) and bouncing toys off our heads....

I really look forward to the day that our cats are full intergrated and a good nights kip

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Awww! Poor Scratch, he just wants to play

It seems that 8-Bit has been on his best behaviour though. Something must be up
8-Bit has been a good boy... I wonder if he's feeling well....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

8-Bit has been a good boy... I wonder if he's feeling well....
I am sure he is fine, he is just sitting back and watching his protege work.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

You'd think.
Last time I tried that one during a fit of the 3am crazies, Boog dipped the toy in his water dish, and then brought it back into bed for me to "fetch."
That's what I was thinking too. That is what Reggae does!!