I marinated myself!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LMAO, I am making chicken fajitas and was marinating the chicken strips in olive oil, lemon juice and some spices. When I marinate anything I use a zip lock bag because you can smoosh it around and it doesn't take up much room in the fridge.

Well, while I smooshing it around the zip came unlocked and I ended up with marinade all over me and the freshly washed floor!!! Not to mention all that salmonella containing chicken juice!

I'm freshly out of the shower, next I have to remop my kitchen floor.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, at least ya know ya taste good!,lol

i marinate chicken ALL the time. i get home from the store, open a zip lock freezer bag, and put chicken in. then marinade, then squish it, and freeze it, so everything is done when i need it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

marinade, then squish it, and freeze it, so everything is done when i need it
That is an awesome idea! I'll have to try that because I mostly don't marinate anything because I tend to forget to.

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It won't work to grill her now she washed off all the flavor and soap just doesn't have the same effect!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mickey14

It won't work to grill her now she washed off all the flavor and soap just doesn't have the same effect!!
Although cilantro does have a bit of a soapy flavor to me, I think I'll pass.....

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet your cats loved your new "Chicken purfume" smell!

I've done that with the shake and pour pancake mix... not fun to wash out of your hair.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand cilantro. I can usually acquire a taste for pretty much anything, but I've tried to do that with Cilantro and just can't. I put parsley in the recipe instead of cilantro.

Floor is mopped and chicken fajitas are done....but I'm not hungry anymore
at least not for fajitas. I think I'll make some poached eggs and hashbrowns from some left over potatoes.

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yuck!! Poached eggs?? That is what ya should have dropped!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol, yeah, isn't that the usual! I remember once before I started to buy plastic ketchup bottles, dropping a brand new large glass bottle of ketchup on the floor. The bottle shattered...or rather exploded on impact, and I had ketchup everywhere including on the top cupboard doors, the walls and several feet in all directions. Now that was a huge mess!