Cooking like a mad woman

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This day one of not smoking is driving me mad! I've decided its really not the physical cravings (thank god for the patch!) it's the mental... like I keep feeling like I forgot to do something... duh

So I started cooking to give me something to do. So far I've made a crock pot full of buffalo chili... I'm working on a dozen deviled eggs... once the crock pot is free I think I'll make a coconut cream mushroom soup... hmm... I wonder what else I have in the house that I can make...

Anyone hungry? Pretty soon I'll have enough to feed an army!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the next few weeks are gonna be a test for your crew not to overeat while you're cooking up a storm!

Congrats on stopping that nasty habit.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the decision to stop!
Keep on cooking if that is helping you fight. Just a few weeks until it becomes a habit not to smoke anymore. Good Luck, Sweetie!

How I wish I could have some of that coconut cream soup!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Sounds like the next few weeks are gonna be a test for your crew not to overeat while you're cooking up a storm!

Congrats on stopping that nasty habit.
Luckily everything I cook is on our diet so even if we overeat, we should still be ok. DH lost over 100lbs and I lost 30... which is really a feat with my thyroid problems (unfortunately, hereditary
but smoking definitely wasn't helping any
)

I've had so much health improvement with my diet that I figured stopping smoking could only make it better. Now that I've quit I'm looking forward to my thyroid being my only health problem

Originally Posted by Pami

Congratulations on the decision to stop!
Keep on cooking if that is helping you fight. Just a few weeks until it becomes a habit not to smoke anymore. Good Luck, Sweetie!

How I wish I could have some of that coconut cream soup!
Thanks so much! It's a little scary (I know that sounds nuts considering the alternative) but I know I can do it!
(I hope! No, no... think positive. I CAN do it!
)

If you're interested in the coconut cream soup, this is the recipe

http://www.coconutdiet.com/coconut_c...hroom_soup.htm

(just so you know, step one should say "soak half the mushrooms..." you use the other half in step 2.)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could start addressing your christmas card and if you run out I will send you mine with a list of names!! I bet lots of TCS'rs could find stuff to keep you busy.

Congrats on the not smoking-its a reall good thing you are doing for your health.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh now there's an idea! I'll have to dig out my address book... I think I have a box of leftover cards around here somewhere.

Of course that's after I get my latest batch of macaroons out of the oven

When DH came home and saw all of the food his eyes lit up! He had a look on his face like he was a kid in a candy store. Now he's stuffing himself silly
He seems particularly fond of the buffalo chili.

Thanks for the support! It's still a little scary, but the more hours I get through, the better I feel.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Of course that's after I get my latest batch of macaroons out of the oven
Wow you can open a restaurant after all this

Thank you for the recipe, too!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be over to help you with all the extra food!! It's the least I could do to help you with quitting smoking!! My DH did it cold turkey and I would have loved him to have a cooking spree rather than the cursing-fest he had instead!! He was a boar to live with for about a week!
Good luck to you honey! Keep up the good work! It'll get easier!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for quitting! Just think, in a few years, your lungs will be clear and healthy again!
Congratulations!

You might take up crocheting to keep your hands busy -- it's very easy to do simple things like cat toys, and if you like it, you might even graduate to afghans and such! (Although I'm sticking with the cat toys, myself...
)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on quitting - it was one of the best things I ever did for myself!

How about doing some crafting? Make a wreath for your door. Do something artistic that will keep your mind and your hands busy!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on quitting! Its very very hard, but so worth it when you do. I quit for 5 months last year and unfortunately started again when Alley died. However, I've just gotten a prescription for Chantix and plan to quit again soon. My insurance doesn't cover the drug and its VERY expensive so I'm saving to get it filled.

I love deviled eggs! You can send some to me :0

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
good luck! I've been smoke free for 25 weeks
it really is all mental
as evidenced by the cravings that I STILL get
there are days when i would LOVE to have a cigarette, but I'm not going to waste these last 6 months
Be strong!!