Is Uno worth showing?

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here is a pic of Uno, a 5 year old seal point lynx birman. he is registered with the CFA. i thought his previous owner showed him with Sace, but as i understand now , it was only Sace that was shown.

Is Uno worth showing even though he is altered?

**update** i jsut got the mail, and low and behold the previous owner forgot to give me some papers. Uno is a Grand and Premier in the CFA.

lynsgems

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You may want to go to the CFA website (www.cfa.org) and read up on the breed standards. There is also a place where you can sign up for a mentor. I don't know the breed standards for birmans (sorry, only persians
), so I can't really be any help to you there.

Your idea of going to a few shows is good. There's a lot to learn and a lot to see. You'll be able to meet people showing birmans, see the cats being shown, and possibly find someone local to you that would be willing to help with all the grooming and preparation for a show.

Give it a try if you want, but most definitely go to have FUN!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second Nial's and GK's opinion - no harm in showing him in a different registry at all!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I second Nial's and GK's opinion - no harm in showing him in a different registry at all!
Yes. Him having heavy titles i CFA isnt necessary good news, as he cant any longer participate as Mr Nobody... I have a weak memory they cant participate as they want when having titles....

So a different registry may be the solution. A terrific experience for you, to particpate with a cat used to the milieu, not being afraid or bothered any...