I feel so guilty!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So BF and I are going Upstate for the 4th of July this year. We are leaving tonight...

Usually we bring Roxie with us... It is only a 4 hour drive and she stays in her carrier good despite some of the normal protest... I like taking her with us and I'm going to be lonely without her

We were going to take her but decided it would probably be better for her if she stayed here. The weather is warm and there is no a/c where we are staying so we would have to sleep with the windows open and she can't be trusted to not try and claw her way through them (it is the country after all.. there are creatures making all sorts of noise that drive her wild! She usually will sleep most of the day and stay up in the night hunting for what she hears and pawing at the closed windows!)

So the heat was the biggest deciding factor... Plus she has to get cooped up to one room because her and the dog do not get along...

I feel so guilty leaving her all alone all week though... The neighbors are going to feed her and check on her and make sure all is good but still! I love my baby so much and totally feel like we are betraying her by leaving her here when we could really take her...

Oh boy, I must sound like a lunatic!! I hate leaving her behind

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your not crazy, just a meowmy thats gonna miss her baby!!!!

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You sound just like most of us. She will be absolutely fine. You will smother her with lovin' when you get back. Have a wonderful time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I feel a little bit better but I am still so bummed! When I went home for lunch today she was running and playing with me which made it so much worse!!

I feel bad but it is the best thing for her... I'll end up spending a ton of money on her while I'm up there to make it up to her... Maybe she'd like a new tree!

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same boat as you. I have to leave my babies for a whole week (next week.) They'll have their papa to stay with, but I don't think he spoils them quite like I do.

One thought to tell whoever is going to care for your kitters...see if they can find a way to double/triple check on the cats during/after any firework sessions. Those explosions are so scary to the babies who don't understand what is going on. If they don't have their people to look to during a scary time, that will make them more nervous. If your neighbors can sit with them during the fireworks hours that might be even better.

Maybe you are luckier than me though, and you won't have a lot of crazy neighbors setting off explosions all over your street.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

I'm in the same boat as you. I have to leave my babies for a whole week (next week.) They'll have their papa to stay with, but I don't think he spoils them quite like I do.

One thought to tell whoever is going to care for your kitters...see if they can find a way to double/triple check on the cats during/after any firework sessions. Those explosions are so scary to the babies who don't understand what is going on. If they don't have their people to look to during a scary time, that will make them more nervous. If your neighbors can sit with them during the fireworks hours that might be even better.

Maybe you are luckier than me though, and you won't have a lot of crazy neighbors setting off explosions all over your street.
Good thinking... I pretty much forgot about fireworks all together. My poor Roxie is a scaredy cat too, she hates thunder and will hide until it's over so imagine what she'll do when fireworks are exploding all night long

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will be surprised how well she'll do without you. It's you who will be suffering.

Hang in there, she'll be fine.