I hate calling customer support!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sitting here on hold listening to the most god-awful recording about how I need to change my water filter frequently blah blah blah for the 4th time! I just want the stupid people to come out and service my freaking water heater that is only 2 years old and should by no means be having problem! Then I got through and it was "oh you need to call THIS muber. they are the hot water heater support center!"
Is there that many heaters breaking that you need a whole seperate center for just hot water heaters?? And if I hear that lady say we are sorry for the delay I am going to scream.

Thanks for letting me vent!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Did you also get the "your call is important to us" comment during the recording? I would rather just have music.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our hot water heater is 2 years old. We don't use and excessive amount of hot water. It has a life time warranty. They are only going to ship us the part. Whatever no thanks. I will call a local company and give them my buisness. I spent an hour on hold and you won't cover labor at all. Not partial not up to a certain amount. THE HEATER IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLD AND WASN"T CHEAP! Fix the stupid thing. No more buying from this big company ever again.

feelexit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
me 2, I hate to call them. but one thing I learned is to calm down. I got so pissed off when they put me on hold or could't get the problem sovled immediately.

but those ppl just worked there to pick up the call and forward ur problems to some1 else. No matter how mad u r, they just dont care.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked and there are a ton of complaints about their hot water heaters. my mom has the "gold" line dish washer and it broke before it was even a year old. They will pay for he part but I have to pay for shipping and labor. Gee what a deal.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost my credit card- misplaced or dropped I'm unsure, no-one had used it so all was good. Problem I have now is that everytime I call the delivery company dealing with getting my signature for the new card I get a computerised system which is no good for getting it delivered to my workplace or to my home as I work weird hours and spend time travelling...
Eventually the credit card company will figure it can't be delivered through this delivery company as their customer service is rubbish. Am I bothered that I can no longer use my credit card? Should I be?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

My favourite is the internet companies who tell you to please go online for support, ummm my internet isn't working
I suppose that wouldn't work then!

I sit on hold most of my day with customer service for insurance benefits and most of the time I get the run around with the wrong numbers, ect. Well- if they would have the right number on the back of the darn insurance cards, I wouldn't have to call 10 wrong numbers before I get to the right one!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that stinks! I so understand though. They're whole purpose is to try and turn over calls rather than HELP and provide CUSTOMER SERVICE it seems.

Hey - it could be worse. One of my coworkers received a letter from the company he purchased his hot water from. The letter stated that the model (he owns) is being discontinued and recalled because one of the coils can overheat and well, blow up the water heater.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so completely agree about those blasted recordings with all their helpful information and reassuring phrases! AUGH!

But the one I hate the most... the one that makes me actually start to release little puffs of steam from my ears... is "Please continue to hold. Your call will be answered in the order it was received."

Okay, good to know, I appreciate that -- but for heaven's sake, when did we forget how to structure that sentence? The correct phrase is "in the order in which it was received!" People used to say it that way... but somewhere along the line, we lost those two words, and I haven't heard it said correctly in fifteen years! AUGH!

I know there are bigger issues in the world, okay? But words are my thing, and I feel like I'm stubbornly holding my finger in the dike of the English language while people with sledgehammers destroy it before my eyes.
I mean... when nobody even seems to care that after seven years, our !$@#*&! president still can't say "nuclear", the language is in serious trouble!

Okay, okay... deeeep breath... cooooooling off now....

Hmph.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Iour !$@#*&! president still can't say "nuclear", the language is in serious trouble!
I'll have you know every time Bush says NucUlar I have to laugh. Its not that hard to say and you would think his speech wirter would edit that word out and replace it with smoething he could say!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I'll have you know every time Bush says NucUlar I have to laugh. Its not that hard to say and you would think his speech wirter would edit that word out and replace it with smoething he could say!
It's right up there with "innernets". It makes me giggle every time!

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am sitting here on hold listening to the most god-awful recording about how I need to change my water filter frequently blah blah blah for the 4th time! I just want the stupid people to come out and service my freaking water heater that is only 2 years old and should by no means be having problem! Then I got through and it was "oh you need to call THIS muber. they are the hot water heater support center!"
Is there that many heaters breaking that you need a whole seperate center for just hot water heaters?? And if I hear that lady say we are sorry for the delay I am going to scream.

Thanks for letting me vent!
I hate calling them people... They put you on hold for ages so they can make at least 10 pounds per call..but you never get through.

The worse case senerio is when you finally get to talk to someone but they dont even speak English or American ARGHHH

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

My favourite is the internet companies who tell you to please go online for support, ummm my internet isn't working
Speaking of which.... when I was having computer issues, and could not connect to the internet, I was on hold for almost an hour before the automatic thingy decided that I was on there long enough and DISCONNECTED ME!!!!

The next time I called, I waited for over 30 minutes for someone to try and help, then send me some software to help fix my computer, but when I received it, I HAD TO GO ONLINE TO ACTIVATE IT!!

Seriously, sometimes I don't think these people use their brains.

Maybe they just have tiny little brains.... hehehe

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I probably shouldn't enter this discussion because this is a real hot buttin of mine!

If my call is so important to them why can't they have enough customer service reps to minimize the wait?

And those menu systems never have anything applying to why I called.

Then after wasting your time they cannot fix the problem or it's a we'll send you the part blah blah blah.

Customer seervice? I don't think so!