Have you ever done this?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I'm driving back from my friend's birthday party.

It was 10 o'clock at night and in order for me to get home I had to take Freeway 1 to Freeway 2 to hop onto Highway 3. I'm driving on Freeway 1 and I do NOT remember getting onto Freeway 2 AT ALL. The next thing I knew I was seeing building lights that made me think I got onto the wrong highway
As I kept driving (really looking for an exit to turn around) it dawned on me that I was on the correct highway, but lost the last 3-5 minutes

I have no memory of how I got onto that highway or any turns that I made. I was sober too...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had that problem when I was doing an hour commute on the highway (it is an almost straight shot for 60 miles). I would notice exit 3 (40 minutes in the drive) and not remember passing the previous exits. When I had a car accident in a snow storm and could not figure out where I was on the highway, I decided I didn't want to do the drive any more.

It means that you were preoccupied with something.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family woulda never let me drive on no freeway, there is no telling where I coulda ended up at.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my last job there were many days driving too and from work I would realize that I had driven by places and did't remember doing so.

feelexit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

At my last job there were many days driving too and from work I would realize that I had driven by places and did't remember doing so.
first job I got is in PA, I am from NJ, which is 2 hr away from my place. sometimes, i got off work and got really tired. I noticed that sometimes I just lost part of my memory during driving

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is that I had the radio off (I tried calling my sister after leaving and turned down the radio). I didn't reach her and forgot to turn the radio back on.

I think my mind wanders BIG TIME without any sound while driving.

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Last night I'm driving back from my friend's birthday party.

It was 10 o'clock at night and in order for me to get home I had to take Freeway 1 to Freeway 2 to hop onto Highway 3. I'm driving on Freeway 1 and I do NOT remember getting onto Freeway 2 AT ALL. The next thing I knew I was seeing building lights that made me think I got onto the wrong highway
As I kept driving (really looking for an exit to turn around) it dawned on me that I was on the correct highway, but lost the last 3-5 minutes

I have no memory of how I got onto that highway or any turns that I made. I was sober too...
I call that Auto Pilate , if you have driven that many times on that road... your concentration goes slightly because you know the road off by heart..

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no, you were taken by the grays

i guess they just wanted to test your DNA,
how od you feel now? any flash back? does it hurt to sit down? you know they may have used a a a a errr never mind,, does it hurt to sit down?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

how od you feel now? any flash back? does it hurt to sit down? you know they may have used a a a a errr never mind,, does it hurt to sit down?

You know the sad thing is that the sky was just *so* with the treelines and stuff that I checked my cell phone to see if I had missed a call (despite it sitting right next to me and being on LOUD) or a significant amount of time

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sheesh! What a great first laugh of the day! Thanks!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PinkRhinos4

I call that Auto Pilate , if you have driven that many times on that road... your concentration goes slightly because you know the road off by heart..
That's what I was thinking. A few years ago, I made it all the way home in my driveway and couldn't remember which way I came home. There were two possibilities.
I still think I do this sometimes too.