No computer

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, last night we did the bug foggers downstairs... before we went outside, John unplugged everything, "Just in case". When we finally got back inside, I plugged my computer in and started it up. It gets to a certain point in loading and then just restarts itself and it does it over and over again. We got all the dust out of it thinking that may have been the problem, but it didn't help. John had to work today since he's off Wednesday, and he's got to work on a car with a friend tonight so he won't be able to work on it until maybe tomorrow night. I'm going to keep messing with it and trying to get it to work, but I don't think it'll do much good. For now, I'm borrowing John's dads computer, but I won't be able to be online as much. I'm having TCS withdrawals already!
Please send TCS vibes that we get my computer fixed soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
at least your MIL didn't kill you with those foggers was it ok when you went back in the house?
We set them at 7 p.m. (I wanted to start MUCH earlier), and didn't get back inside until about 1 a.m... and even then we left all doors and everything open for the rest of the night. It was pretty awful. Now I'm told that we're going to take everything out of the basement this week and do it again. I'm actually kinda happy about that because there won't be so much junk piled up down there anymore.

And my computer is still not fixed. John has to bring home random parts from work today to see if it helps. I can only use John's dad's computer (which is actually my old computer anyway) for a few minutes, so I'm trying to read the posts I'm missing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It WORKS!!!!
I haven't got a clue what happened, I came down and turned my monitor on and my computer was on and completely loaded. I guess we never turned it off last night after we tried to get it working. But I don't care how it happened, I'm thrilled my computer is back!!!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Typical. I had problems with mine and had it ready to go to the shop when I plugged everything back in and it worked!

Gnomes, it's the gnomes...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

It WORKS!!!!
I haven't got a clue what happened, I came down and turned my monitor on and my computer was on and completely loaded. I guess we never turned it off last night after we tried to get it working. But I don't care how it happened, I'm thrilled my computer is back!!!!!
Sounds like it just needed a wee vacation! I'm glad it is back. Apparently it was just trying to get you to appreciate it more.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

It WORKS!!!!
Congratulations! Maybe it just had to "dry out" a bit.

Originally Posted by gemlady

Typical. I had problems with mine and had it ready to go to the shop when I plugged everything back in and it worked!

Gnomes, it's the gnomes...
Don't you mean gremlins, Jan?
Since you mentioned plugging everything back in - the last time I had system problems and called the helpline, the guy instructed me to unplug everything, wait at least a minute, plug everything back in, and start my system as usual. He said that's always the first thing to try.