I need vibes

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone,

So, I'm back on-line after my wedding and honeymoons and I hate for the first thing I post to be a request but my new husband really needs some healing vibes! We got back Wednesday night and he'd been feeling bad for a few days so I took him to my Dr. (since he hasn't seen one in years and never one here in town) and she put him on anti-biotics (arithromician) for strep and bronchitis. So, he was feeling a little better but still very congested and coughing a lot. So, last night we shower and his left eye is really blood shot. Well, he woke up this morning and I'm sure he has pink eye.
Now, unlike normal people when he gets sick he gets mad. So, he had a little outburst this morning and to make matters worse HR won't let me do the insurance paperwork to add him via fax... it has to be in person... and I HAVE to be at work all day then I have classes starting today (M-Thu.) until 5:30. So, if he goes back to the Dr. it's just more claims that I'll have to back file.
So, I'm back, married and with a VERY sick, VERY grumpy hubby. So, any get well vibe would be fantastic... and if you can spare a few for the headache of insurance I'll have to deal with I'd really really appreciate it.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for you and your new husband, I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's horrible! I hope new Hubby feels better soon and you can work out the insurance.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your insurance company wouldn't accept a fax of your marriage certificate??
I hope today goes well for you and that your new hubby feels better soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Your insurance company wouldn't accept a fax of your marriage certificate??
I hope today goes well for you and that your new hubby feels better soon.
They would but I guess they need my signature in person... I just don't know when I'll have the time unless I can get my boss to let me go even earlier some day this week.

Fortunately, My Dr. is very nice about working with us about the insurance matter. He's also got slightly elevated blood pressure and she wants to keep and eye on it so she told him to come buy this week to have it checked again and instead of checking in (she works in urgent care) to just come straight back so he's gonna to that and have her check his eye too. I sure it's pink eye and hopefully those anti-biotics will be free too. Of course, the ones he's on now really upset his stomach.

We were supposed to be at a lake cottage w/ my family for the 4th. He told me this morning to go with out him but I'd much rather me home with my sick, grumpy husband (I'm still not used to saying that... my husband!) than be at the lake with a bunch of people missing him.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many get well vibes for you husband. My husband was sick when we got home from our honeymoon too. I think all the stress of the wedding lowered his immune system. People expect brides to be stressed, but grooms get stressed to.

Hope he feels better soon.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was very nervous the wedding day. He felt bad cuz I asked him to take of his silver rings and he forgot... then the minister gave him long sentances to repeat for his vows and he stumbled through them a bit.

My theory is that his body knows he has insurance now so it's taking FULL advantage of it. For the past 3+ years he's been self-employed and with out health insurance... now he's going to be added to mine. Fortunatly I can back file last weeks Dr. visit and today they only made him make the co-pay even though I still don't have the paper work done. This is why I took him to my Dr. I'm still seeing my Pead but she's a GP too... and she's taking VERY GOOD care of him which is great cuz he inherently dis-trusts doctors. So, he's got stuff for his eye now (and 2 months of BP meds... free) and is headed home to rest.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

He was very nervous the wedding day. He felt bad cuz I asked him to take of his silver rings and he forgot... then the minister gave him long sentances to repeat for his vows and he stumbled through them a bit.

My theory is that his body knows he has insurance now so it's taking FULL advantage of it. For the past 3+ years he's been self-employed and with out health insurance... now he's going to be added to mine. Fortunatly I can back file last weeks Dr. visit and today they only made him make the co-pay even though I still don't have the paper work done. This is why I took him to my Dr. I'm still seeing my Pead but she's a GP too... and she's taking VERY GOOD care of him which is great cuz he inherently dis-trusts doctors. So, he's got stuff for his eye now (and 2 months of BP meds... free) and is headed home to rest.
The same thing happened when I put my husband on insurance for the first time. I swear 12 hours later he passed out.

Give him some sleeping stuff and he'll pass out and be less grumpy.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang Meaghan, being married to you has done wore the poor guy out in a week!
j/k....

Hope he feels better soon, sure not how you planned on coming back to real life I bet.

and congrats again on your marriage.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The same thing happened when I put my husband on insurance for the first time. I swear 12 hours later he passed out.

Give him some sleeping stuff and he'll pass out and be less grumpy.
He's home right now and I'm sure he'll be napping soon. Hopefully he's feeling better when I get home from class.

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Dang Meaghan, being married to you has done wore the poor guy out in a week!
j/k....

Hope he feels better soon, sure not how you planned on coming back to real life I bet.

and congrats again on your marriage.
My mom said he's allergic to marriage!
I shouldn't laugh cuz he looks terrible... but what's a girl to do?! I'm just glad that he likes the Dr. I took him to... we're having a shower in town in 6 weeks and he said she has to be invited. She will be because she's a family friend too but it's nice to know that he likes her as an MD too.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that your new DH is sick! I hope he feels better very soon!

I hope you had a very nice wedding and honeymoon.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon. Little did you know that the "In Sickness" part of your vows would come into play so soon.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon. Little did you know that the "In Sickness" part of your vows would come into play so soon.
No kidding! He rarely gets sick but when he does apparently he goes all out! His eye looks much better today but he's still complaining about his throat hurting and he's out of anti-biotics.

Right now I'm photo-shopping our pictures. It was hard to find people to take pics of us together so we took them of each other and I'm putting us together! LOL I should have some up tomorrow.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, congrats on getting married (Where have I been, right?)!!! I'm so sorry your new hubby is sick so soon after- that puts a damper on all of the newlywed fun! I hope he feels better soon!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, his eye is clearing up and not bothering him anymore but he still feels sick. Looks like I'm on my own for the 4th!

Oh, and I've got some of the pics from our honeymoon on my MySpace page. Anyone who wants to see them just PM me and I'll send you my page link. I'll post some later too when I have time to re-count everything we did.