Famous relatives

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother was doing family tree stuff today and apparently Lucille Ball is my tenth cousin, once removed.
I think that's pretty cool, if it is true.. anyway I was wondering if anyone else here is related to someone who is famous.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Conrad Adenaur. First Chancellor of the Republic of Germany. Essentially, he was the guy running the country right after Hitler got da boot!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chet akins. and the hatfield-mccoy feud(lol on the mccoy side),
and jesse james.

and some of the family said machine gun kelly , dont know if that is true or not.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh boy, i guess that makes me sound bad.
really i never robbed a bank or store in my whole life i swear

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

oh boy, i guess that makes me sound bad.
really i never robbed a bank or store in my whole life i swear
*sarcastically* Right Bruce.

j/k I don't think you could rob anyplace, you're a guy who likes kitties, you can do no wrong!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harry Hamlin is like a 4th cousin once removed on my mother's side (according to my uncle, the family geneologist).

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
The only 'famous' one i know of is that on my mums side we are descendants of Gautier d'Aincourt who was related to King Williams younger brother.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nobody actually famous, but my multiply-great uncle Lee Neal wrote (and had a senator friend submit) the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, and we think he was pretty cool!

Mostly, I just wanted to say how very neat to be related to Lucy. She was a fabulous woman!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as we know, there are no famous relatives. However, my BIL went to school with the singer, Prince
So that's the closest we are to famous people

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa, some cool relatives there folks

well I think I was descendant from the squirrel family - I love to snooze

and lets not get on about nuts eh

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Whoa, some cool relatives there folks

well I think I was descendant from the squirrel family - I love to snooze

and lets not get on about nuts eh
nuts covered in..CHOCOLATE!?!?!?!?!!? *bounces*

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am related to Judy Garland! She is one of my favorite actoresses ever (even before I knew we were distantly related)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH's Great-Grandfather is sort of famous to those really interested in the History of the Palm Beach area in Florida (though they are technically from Hypoluxo). He was one of the 'Barefoot Mailmen' and his name is on a statue they just dedicated a couple years ago. His Grandmother also has a day named for her down there because she was the first female born in the area to survive. She actually has a little book she's written because she gets very irritated over the incorrect information printed about the Barefoot Mailmen and things. http://www.hillsborolighthouse.org/bfmn.html I'm about 99.9% positive this is the statue with his name on it. My FIL brought DH's Grandmother to it's dedication and has pictures of all the plaques and things associated with it. This link actually has a family photo and a picture of DH's Grandmother: http://www.hypoluxo.org/256532.html)

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warren G. Harding... is that a good thing to admit to?
And there are two famous gunfighters that fought at the OK corral.. can't think of their names now though.
And my mother's side of the family comes from Scottish royalty... not really "famous" though I guess, I just always thought it was neat.

And John is related to the Hatfields (of the Hatfields-McCoys)

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bobby Bare (old-time country singer) is supposedly a distant cousin of mine. *shrug* That's according to my mom.

My grandfather swears he's from the Hatfield line (probably because he's from West Virginia), but it's funny because he and my grandma argue all the time, so we figure she must be a McCoy (being from Kentucky and all).

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh, my allergy doctor's cousin was married to Chicago Cubs 1st baseman Mark Grace, divorced him, and married actor Ray Liotta. Does that count?

Actually, on my Mom's side we're supposedly descended from Stephen Hopkins, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. I'm into genealogy big time, and haven't found the proof yet, so who knows?