This is sooooo weird! There are no foster kittens/cats in my house right now!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what to do with myself! I feel like i should have a litter of kittens right now with bottles in their mouths
This is the first time in quite a while that i have not had a litter of foster kittens /cat in my home! It's kind of strange for us! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO quiet!!!!
I kind of miss the screaming of little fluffy butts! I do however have a feeling that I will be taking home a pregnant pit tomorrow who is about to have puppies soon so i'm thinking i will have some little fluffy butts around sooon
Colin went to the shelter with me tonight to look at her- she's a total sweetheart! She was just not in a good situation before she came to our shelter. She was a BYB breeder dog

So umm what do i do without little babies to feed???? I'm thinking tonight i might get some sleep

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can come get PJ & Punky. They've got giardia...they've got fleas....I'm getting nowhere with socialization....& their eyes look a million times worse than when I brought them home 2 weeks ago!

You'd work wonders on them Nikki. I'm only like....a looonnnggg ways away!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww you know i'd take them in a heart beat Natalie if i was closer!!
What medicine do you have them on for their giardia? (be sure to keep up their pedialyte intake while you're treating them for the giardia so they don't loose a lot of fluids from their loose stools
That will help a lot!) / Do they have conjunctivitis in their eyes? Terramyacin works well for that! Sometimes it will look a little worse before it gets better- just give the medicine a little time to work and be sure to use rewetting drops/eye lube in between the medicated eye drops- that helps as well!

How old are they now? They might be old enough for a small dose of Advantage. If not just flea comb them well and that should really help! If you guys have the blue bottle of Adams flea/tick cat and dog spray at your shelter- that is safe to use on kittens sparingly!
Aww they'll be better in no time with you taking such good care of them!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very strange, take advantage of having a rest, cos it probably wont last long!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

It is very strange, take advantage of having a rest, cos it probably wont last long!!
no kidding!!!

Originally Posted by whiskerynature

Does this mean you have room for Norris??!!
(Or did he already find a good home?)
Norris is going to be a "dog of the week" by on one of our local radio stations soon!!!
(

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're on Flagyl for the giardia. They have perfectly formed stools, too. But, they are getting wet 2x a day. Tried terramycin for their eyes, no luck. Now on Neomycin, I believe. Also, they just got Frontline.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I KNEW it wouldn't last for long!

Let's just say i'm a little ticked right now! I was under the understanding that Fancy, my foster kitten got adopted on Sat. (petsmart) this apparently was not the case. My coworker mixed up some files. Turned out another kitten got adopted, not Fancy. Keep in mind- Fancy was spayed and sent to Petsmart and we told our coworker she was NOT to be placed in a cage with other cats. (she has since been fired for other reasons) Well what happens- she puts Fancy in a cage with other kittens. And you guessed it- those kittens were sick

They were all sent back today- Luckily, Fancy is not sick (yet). The other kittens are in isolation now on meds. I brought little Fancy back home with me - she is not sick and i didn't want to put her in ISO only to come down with upper respiratory or something like that when she's fine. So i will be keeping her in my house for a few days to observe her (she was exposed after all) and she's on meds as a preventative - so HOPEFULLY she won't develop anything and she will be able to go back to the shelter in a few days to get a home.

Uhhh i knew my break wouldn't last for long!
(although i have to say it is REALLY nice to have my sweet little foster girl back home
)