We had such a great week for adoptions at our shelter!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our shelter was sooooo lucky this week! We had sooooooooooooooo many successful adoptions! It was just amazing to see all of those animals get such good homes!
All of the other staff and I were soo happy to see that volume of animals get homes!! Saturday alone we had a bunch of adoptions!
Also even more great news- Jimbo (my absolute favorite shelter dog i'm always writing about!) got a home!!!!
In Covington, TN no less
His new owners drove all the way out to Bartlett to get him!!!

Fluffy, the dog my sister was fostering - has a home to go to in Rhode Island soon!!!!!! (we're working out details with a transport service at the moment)

And quite a few other dogs and cats who have been there for a while got homes as well! It was just wonderful!

We also had numerous kitties from our Petsmart location get adopted as well
My foster kitten, Fancy finally weighed 2lbs on Thurs...so she was able to be spayed and found a wonderful new home on Saturday!!!!
I am sooo happy about all the great adoptions that have happened at our shelter this week! We had a rough few weeks before that -so all of those successful adoptions are such a blessing!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, well done!!!
more kitties and poopehs in good home i hope

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Yay, well done!!!
more kitties and poopehs in good home i hope
i'm soo excited about it! a lot of really wonderful animals found such good forever homes! that is soo great!
also- one of our local radio stations started airing a "Dog of the Week" every Thrs. for us and since they started it two weeks ago- both dogs have gone to amazing new homes within only a few hours of their stories airing!!!!
And best news yes- Norris, my sweet foster dog is going to be a "dog of the week" soon!!!!!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Norris, my sweet foster dog is going to be a "dog of the week" soon!!!!!!
What about our pep talks to Colin!?!?!?!?!?!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

and WOO HOO for the others

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well Colin and I sat down and talked about it and here's what we decided:

Norris is EXCEPTIONALLY adoptable. We have already had quite a few inquiries about him. So we are going to let him be a dog of the week soon and see how that goes. If he gets adopted then that would be lovely! BUT if he does not- Colin and I are going to keep him. We at least want to give him a shot to get a home though as he is soo adoptable and the more animals we adopt ourselves, the less room/time we have to foster. So after quite a few tears/discussions- we feel that it might be the best decision for Norris.

It will be incredably hard for me to let go of him though
He sleeps with us every single night and is constantly playing with Fosters. Even Whiskey loves him now!

Also when he is placed up for adoption he will have quite a few stipulations- indoors only, must have another dog his age (he needs a playmate!), daily walks to keep him in shape and his other back leg strong- 3 leggers must not be allowed to get overweight as it can cause a lot of health issues from the added pressure to their remaining limbs/etc. He is really adoptable though- loves children, loves other animals, very gentle, he's learning all of his commands- he's just an incredable dog! I KNOW he will do well so i'm not too worried about him. I will get to make the final call on his adoption though whenever it happens. I would really LOVE to keep him, but i know in my heart that he will find the right home soon and also that the more i keep, the less i can help -and there are soooooo many animals at our shelter right now that need a foster home. it's a hard decision but i think it might be the best for our family right now. If he doesn't find a home though- we are going to keep him- i told Colin i would not hear otherwise.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

it's a hard decision but i think it might be the best for our family right now. If he doesn't find a home though- we are going to keep him- i told Colin i would not hear otherwise.
I know it's best...and he's highly adoptable..but but....
we won't get any more pictures or stories about him

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay Nikki!! We took in 17 puppies last Sat...so I think we're going in the opposite direction as you guys!
Thankfully, we sent 24 cats/kittens to rescues this week. (Sorry to hijack, I'm chattery!
)

If Norris gets adotped, that's great, but if not....that's even better!
And Yay for Jimbo!!!

How's Whiskey doing?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know it's best...and he's highly adoptable..but but....
we won't get any more pictures or stories about him
i'll see if whoever adopts him will keep us updated

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Yay Nikki!! We took in 17 puppies last Sat...so I think we're going in the opposite direction as you guys!
Thankfully, we sent 24 cats/kittens to rescues this week. (Sorry to hijack, I'm chattery!
)

If Norris gets adotped, that's great, but if not....that's even better!
And Yay for Jimbo!!!

How's Whiskey doing?
Oh no worries- as soon as all those spaces were open- we filled up again
You know how it is in a shelter
Right now i can't complaine too much though- we have 4 open kennels right now i think so that's good! The front cat room has 4 or 5 openings i think too so right now we're not hurting! It always seems like as soon as you move some- more come in. We've had a ton of shelter dumps this week though- makes me furious! Tonight we had a little puppy (about 2 mo.) chow/shep x dumped off- COVERED head to toe in mange
- we also have 3 females about to have puppies. My sister has a one right now that she's fostering, i will likely be taking home a pregnant pit tomorrow night, and then another pregger pup is in foster care too. We're going to be swarming in puppies soon

As far as Whiskey goes- oh my goodness! He's doing incredable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wouldn't even believe he's the same dog! He LOVES Norris now and we haven't had any more issues at all out of him! We started training him by the book, "The Loved Dog" and i could not be happier with the results!!!!! He's been great!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

We started training him by the book, "The Loved Dog" and i could not be happier with the results!!!!! He's been great!
Ooh ooh ooh, i saw that on Oprah the other week!!! It looks amazing!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ooh ooh ooh, i saw that on Oprah the other week!!! It looks amazing!!
her techniques are great, very gentle- and best of all- they work!!!!!!
i LOVE that book!!!!!! I've been recommending it to all the people who adopt at our shelter too!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I know how it is Nikki....if you don't mind a further hijack/happy moment....We've had cats in our laundry room, bathroom, tub room(overflow room), quarantine room, cat room/sink cat room until last week.
They now all fit into the cat room/sink cat room & quarantine room!!
That's including 2 moms w/ babies, 7 kittens/1 adult with coccidia & 2 ringworm kittens!!! Albiet we now have 2 rabbits, a huge guinea pig, & 3 rats.

Now watch, when I get there Tues, the Quarantine cats will be in the tub room again, but that's how it goes! Never any "opens" for long!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Oh I know how it is Nikki....if you don't mind a further hijack/happy moment....We've had cats in our laundry room, bathroom, tub room(overflow room), quarantine room, cat room/sink cat room until last week.
They now all fit into the cat room/sink cat room & quarantine room!!
That's including 2 moms w/ babies, 7 kittens/1 adult with coccidia & 2 ringworm kittens!!! Albiet we now have 2 rabbits, a huge guinea pig, & 3 rats.

Now watch, when I get there Tues, the Quarantine cats will be in the tub room again, but that's how it goes! Never any "opens" for long!
ah the ups and downs of a shelter
but you know- those animals are SOOO lucky to have ya'll and to have a nice roof over their heads!
i'm sending lots of (((find good homes vibes!)))) ya'lls way!

(we have a rabbit right now too! He's in the cat room and is a total sweetheart! little brown/white mini rex- we named him Oliver!
)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you, Nikki, and for your shelter and all the animals who are lucky enough to find their way to it! And I know you're right about Norris being adoptable, and you needing room for fosters, and all that. Heck, if I could, I'd take Norris myself, I'm so in love with this sweet dog.

ButI hope you'll forgive me if I can't help kinda half-hoping Norris doesn't get adopted.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

that's awesome, Nikki!!!
Thanks Krista!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I'm so happy for you, Nikki, and for your shelter and all the animals who are lucky enough to find their way to it! And I know you're right about Norris being adoptable, and you needing room for fosters, and all that. Heck, if I could, I'd take Norris myself, I'm so in love with this sweet dog.

ButI hope you'll forgive me if I can't help kinda half-hoping Norris doesn't get adopted.
Aww i wish you were closer too! I know he'd have a lovely home with you!

Hehe and yes- i'm "secretly" hoping he doesn't get adopted eithor so I can keep him
I love him to pieces!!! I know i'm going to cry my eyes out if he gets a home (good tears- but still i'm REALLY attached to him)

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im glad you had such a great week for adoptions! We did better then we have been doing. Adoptions have been low. 8 Kittens and 1 puppy. Last week we did better but its up alot from the 1-2 kittens that were being a adopted. Last week it was 5 puppies, 1 adult dog, 10 kittens and two adult cats. Send some adoption vibes our way! Ill do the same for you guys!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Im glad you had such a great week for adoptions! We did better then we have been doing. Adoptions have been low. 8 Kittens and 1 puppy. Last week we did better but its up alot from the 1-2 kittens that were being a adopted. Last week it was 5 puppies, 1 adult dog, 10 kittens and two adult cats. Send some adoption vibes our way! Ill do the same for you guys!
Aww that's great how many got homes!!
I'll definitely send more "adoption vibes" ya'lls way! We apparently need some too- we're just about full again
It was a LONG day today.