ASPCA monthly giving

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, the ASPCA commercial w/ Sarah McLachlan's song "Angel" killed me with all those sad eyes in the background

I usually try to write a check once or twice a year to the ASPCA or some shelter, but figured the monthly giving might be a good way to give a lot by giving a little each month. (Also, will cancel my New York Times wkd paper, so that money will go to the ASPCA instead -- for those who drink coffee, it's like giving up one Starbucks per week
).

Plus, it's tax deductible for those of you who could use a tax write-off
& you get a T-shirt, too.

Here's the link: https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/sit...bsrc=joinaspca

P.S. I have the ASPCA credit card, too, so that they'll benefit from me using my card (I think CHASE Bank could be more generous -- 0.2%?! -- but they promise no less than $US 2.4 million, so okay...) & the ASPCA gets a $75 bonus after you're approved for the card & pay off the first charges!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the same commercial and I always want to do the monthly giving. I think that $18 is better spent on the ASPCA than anything I would spend it on. I also have the ASPCA chase bank card and was going to use that to do the monthly giving with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a quick disclaimer: I don't work for the ASPCA
or CHASE bank or anything...just trying to figure out the best way to help our furry friends
...not making big bucks or anything
, so just trying to figure out an easy-on-the-budget way for helping out

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it's a great idea. I donate a (very small) amount to the local Humane Society every month. It's not much, but better than nothing and does add up over the course of the year. Plus it's very convenient when it gets taken away automatically, so you can't forget.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I saw the same commercial and I always want to do the monthly giving. I think that $18 is better spent on the ASPCA than anything I would spend it on. I also have the ASPCA chase bank card and was going to use that to do the monthly giving with.
Yeah, I figured, if I'm going to have a credit card, I might as well get one that does something for me (like donate to a shelter)...instead using cash, I put the regular stuff on it -- groceries & gas & books, etc.

P.S. The first card they sent me was the one w/ the ASPCA logo, and I had to call back & complain b/c I wanted the one with the tabby cats on it
...the lady on the phone must have thought I was crazy

P.P.S. Now I have the one with the cats on it!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think giving a little each month is definitely the way to go. I work for the government so I can donate through the Combined Federal Campaign and give a little $ automatically out of each paycheck. That way I don't even know the $ is missing! Right now it is going to 2 different TNR groups.

ETA: We also have the ASPCA checks for our checkbook- another way to get the word out about them!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

I think it's a great idea. I donate a (very small) amount to the local Humane Society every month. It's not much, but better than nothing and does add up over the course of the year. Plus it's very convenient when it gets taken away automatically, so you can't forget.
Every penny counts! Whether it be small or large amounts.. I can assure everyone that people are VERY grateful for your donations.

Where I volunteer... we scrape by month by month.. and are very grateful to those who donate monthly.. because we know when we will have the money so we know what bills we can pay.