It's been so long, Kitten questions

tanjkn3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What age can you get them fixed? What is a good way to introduce them to other pets, like a dog? it has been years since I have had a kitten in my house
Anyway here is our new little guy, His name is Ed and I think he is about 8 weeks old...he is actually hubby's kitten and hubby got to pick him out...the lady had about 8 other ones I really want to go get another I'm wondering if it would be better to have 2 would he adjust better if he had a friend, I have 2 other cats but they are 10 and 14 years old and stick to themselves, one stays in my room 80% of the time and the other in my sons room

They all had the most interesting shaped faces...like kinda long, not sure if you can tell from this picture

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd get hime done as soon as your vet thinks (try to get it done by 3-4 months old). As far as how to introduce him, you put him in his own room with food/water/litter pan and after a few days, limit face-to-face meetings for a few mins, gradually increasing the time.

Be sure to clip ALL nails on all the cats. If you have two other that are older, it might be best to consider another kitten about his age to grow up with. The older ones won't want to play with an energic kitten very long.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Goldenkitty as already mentioned its best to check this out with your vets office - as the ages can differ from place to place.

Your vet will probably want to see him if you are not sure of his age - you can guess from their fangs - you might see a second set appearing, but this is around 5-6mths, so your fella is a bit young for his second set yet
The vet can also start his injections and maybe give him some meds for worms.

I am sure Ed will be interested to meet your other cats - heres a TCS link about introducing cats, theres some great advise and tips
and heres another TCS link about introducing cats to dogs.

Well lots of luck with that handsome boy

Keep us posted and see you in the forums !

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a big supporter of adopting siblings! I find that it keeps them out of trouble although they can cause lots of trouble as a pair.

Since your other cats are older, they probably won't want to play with him. Another kitty will help keep them both exercised and keep them from being bored and doing destructive things.

He's gorgeous!

Devlyn

Originally Posted by tanjkn3

What age can you get them fixed? What is a good way to introduce them to other pets, like a dog? it has been years since I have had a kitten in my house
Anyway here is our new little guy, His name is Ed and I think he is about 8 weeks old...he is actually hubby's kitten and hubby got to pick him out...the lady had about 8 other ones I really want to go get another I'm wondering if it would be better to have 2 would he adjust better if he had a friend, I have 2 other cats but they are 10 and 14 years old and stick to themselves, one stays in my room 80% of the time and the other in my sons room

They all had the most interesting shaped faces...like kinda long, not sure if you can tell from this picture

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love that picture of him, his stunning.
and i agree if you can take one of his siblings that would be great.