Who here loves rollercoasters?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I went to Hersheypark yesterday (theme park in Pennsyvania), and I forgot how much I love them! They have one there I've never rode before called Storm Runner. It shoots you out at 60 miles/hr (no hill to drag you up) and you go up this HUGE hill that curves in on the way up, so it is more than 90 degrees from the ground. Then, at the top, it kind of stalls as you loose momentum...then you shoot down into corkscrews and twists and turns...I have never screamed so much in my life!
I also love the wooden ones.

There was one I went on at 6 flags last year that did scare me because all that was keeping me in was a lap bar, and it went so high, so fast and over so many hills that my butt kept coming off the seat. Now, that's ok if I have something over my shoulders to hold me in. But, I will never go on that one again!

So, who elso loves them? Which one is your favorite? Any bad experiences?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them! But don't remember the names of the best ones, except for The Beast (I think
) at Six Flags Great Americas.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them. Since you're in WVa, you may want to try Kennywood in Pittsburgh, for their wooden coasters, although they do/did have a few others, but their classic woodens are Thunderbolt and Jack Rabbit, which are the two best woodens I've been on.

Cedar Point, to date, has the best coasters. Millenium, Magnum, and a few others, although those two are my absolute favorites. Busch Gardens or King's Dominion in Virginia.. can't remember which one, has the Big Bad Wolf, and Drachenfire... those are both really good and then there's the indoor coaster that I can't remember the name of...it's done completely in the dark.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

I love them. Since you're in WVa, you may want to try Kennywood in Pittsburgh, for their wooden coasters, although they do/did have a few others, but their classic woodens are Thunderbolt and Jack Rabbit, which are the two best woodens I've been on.

Cedar Point, to date, has the best coasters. Millenium, Magnum, and a few others, although those two are my absolute favorites. Busch Gardens or King's Dominion in Virginia.. can't remember which one, has the Big Bad Wolf, and Drachenfire... those are both really good and then there's the indoor coaster that I can't remember the name of...it's done completely in the dark.
I've haven't been to Kenneywood for almost 20 yrs! I wasn't even sure if they were still open. I'll have to check it out again.

The indoor coaster is at King's Dominion. I went there the year it opened...had to wait in line for 3 hours but it was worth it. I haven't made it to Busch Gardens yet, but hear the ones there are great!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Love them! My husband does, too. We laugh, we don't scream! I always want to run and run after getting out, I guess it's the adrenaline.
My husband laughs too (mostly at me) but, to me they are made to scream on. I think that is my way of laughing because I usually do end up laughing and screaming at the same time. Yes, I'm one of those annoying people that sit behind you and burst your eardrums! It's adrednaline for me too...I mean, where else can I scream my lungs out and not have people think I'm strange??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a total rollar coaster junkie!!!!!!!!!!!
The taller and faster the rollar coaster is- the better!!!!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know how now and then on TV, you'll see some video taken from the viewpoint of a rider on a rollercoaster, and if you're close enough to the screen, sometimes you get a little bit of that woozy feeling in your stomach from watching it, and it's really really neeeeaaat?

I love that. But I've never actually been on a rollercoaster.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are fun,
not as much fun as being upside down in a plane, but still.
ceder point has a ton of them, no better place to go.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i LOVE rollercoasters! the only bad experiences i've had are from when i was at my heaviest, & had difficulty fitting into the seats [& staying in them, for that matter!]

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only love indoor rollercoasters. Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios
(I'm a Disney girl) is my favorite.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I've haven't been to Kenneywood for almost 20 yrs! I wasn't even sure if they were still open. I'll have to check it out again.

The indoor coaster is at King's Dominion. I went there the year it opened...had to wait in line for 3 hours but it was worth it. I haven't made it to Busch Gardens yet, but hear the ones there are great!
Kennywood keeps putting in new coasters, but they're limited in land space so they usually take something out to put something in... of course, it's been years since I lived in Pittsburgh and/or have been to Kennywood, so they may have finally been able to purchase more acreage. Definitely worth going to though.

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I am a total rollar coaster junkie!!!!!!!!!!!
The taller and faster the rollar coaster is- the better!!!!!
There's a new one at Cedar Point, but try Millenium Force, which was one of the tops a few years back.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Y'know how now and then on TV, you'll see some video taken from the viewpoint of a rider on a rollercoaster, and if you're close enough to the screen, sometimes you get a little bit of that woozy feeling in your stomach from watching it, and it's really really neeeeaaat?

I love that. But I've never actually been on a rollercoaster.
Okay, and *you* need to go to Cedar Point's website, since they do that with at least one of their coasters.. I think you may actually be able to do that with all their coasters.. again, if you get there, try Millenium Force.. it's a very mild coaster, as far as throwing you around, it goes really fast and high, but doesn't toss you about. It's one of the smoothest track coasters I've been on.

Originally Posted by theimp98

they are fun,
not as much fun as being upside down in a plane, but still.
ceder point has a ton of them, no better place to go.
not sure I agree about the plane... Iv'e done it, but still prefer coasters. I was, though, really young when I did the whole plane thing.. so..that might make a difference.

Originally Posted by laureen227

i LOVE rollercoasters! the only bad experiences i've had are from when i was at my heaviest, & had difficulty fitting into the seats [& staying in them, for that matter!]
I get that too, now. I have to get back in shape, if for no other reason, then to be able to ride coasters.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love roller coasters!!! Cedar Point is definitely the best place to go. We just went to Busch Gardens a week ago and got on their new coaster Griffon- a floorless dive coaster that drops you 210 ft at 90 degrees and hangs you at the very top for 3 seconds.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooooh Heather, thanks, I'll go check that out!

And Babygirl, you say you're a Disney girl -- I wonder if you know the song called "Disney Girls," recorded by Art Garfunkel solo many years ago. Maybe a personal theme song for you!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE rollercoasters!
Silverwood theme park in couer d' lane, idaho has awesome ones!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

I have never been on a rollercoaster... I wish I had the nerve to do it (now I cant cuz my heart or whatever
) I was always afraid I would fall out and just couldnt bring myself to do it... Now Water Rides are different... I will go on any of those (except the ones I dont meet the weight limit for)...

(Stingray)
http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/index_html.htm (Stingray video)
http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/index_html.htm (The Plunge)
Now, see, I HATE water rides! Anything where I'm going down a tube and will end up underwater, I can't do them. The only way I will go underwater is if I have scube gear..air is very important to me!