A Legend Is Laid To Rest

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NEW YORK (AP) — It's a funeral fit for a superhero.

In the drizzling rain at Arlington National Cemetery, thousands of grieving patriots solemnly watch as the pall bearers — Iron Man, the Black Panther, Ben Grimm and Ms. Marvel — carry a casket draped with an American flag.
Link to article: http://broadband.zoomtown.com/news/r...ARSDCCLM_UNEWS

RIP Cap!

I wonder how long this will last. Marvel has a habit of not leaving characters "dead".

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why they're running this article now. Cap died 2 months ago, and many news agencies had articles then.

If you can find the issue, it's pretty good.

I hope Cap comes back soon.

Tricia

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I don't understand why they're running this article now. Cap died 2 months ago, and many news agencies had articles then.

If you can find the issue, it's pretty good.

I hope Cap comes back soon.

Tricia

We're waiting for the Civil War series to come out in Trade Paperbacks so I can read it all at once (being a comic book newbie), but I've still been kept up on the main details as the issues have come out.

I don't know about him coming back...Civil War was basically a way to completely shake up the Marvel Universe and give it new life and new stories. Besides, The Punisher/Frank Castle has pretty much taken on the role of Captain America and has integrated the two "costumes" into his own. (Earl has gotten all of The Punisher War Journals in the series).

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always interpreted the "shake up the comic universe" as a way of new writers saying they don't want to deal with a character's/group's history. They may have to read old issues to keep the story lines straight.

This was a big complaint of mine when DC had their "Crisis" series. They said it made it simpler for new readers. Pfft. I say it made it simpler for the new writers who want their own glory.

Oh, big time fan of The Legion Of Super Heroes though I haven't been able to afford to keep up with their books since about 1994 (and the third or fourth "new beginning" which always corresponded with new writers).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This wasn't the first time that Cap has been "killed off". Back in the 90's most of the major Marvel superheroes sacrificed themselves to take out a character called Onslaught. They reemerged not long after in an alternate universe before being reintegrated back into the mainstream Marvel universe. This included many of The Avengers and the Fantastic Four, among others.

Jean Grey has been killed off at least twice.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Link to article: http://broadband.zoomtown.com/news/r...ARSDCCLM_UNEWS

RIP Cap!

I wonder how long this will last. Marvel has a habit of not leaving characters "dead".
i liked cap, i started buying them in 1973 or so, and did not stop until the 80 when i moved over seas, saw that they where going to kill him,

but never did buy those issues.

Originally Posted by gemlady

Shades of the Superman "death".
lol yea well that was cause of the sales of death of,
they did so well they had to try to bring him back.