Shower floor water

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This probably would have been better in the cat lounge, but I wanted to talk about Neko and now also Diego's behaviour.
I give them fresh clean water in their own separate bowls but they seem to prefer the water on the shower floor.
Neko especially loves it and when I finish a shower he can't wait for me to step out so he can scoot in and start drinking.
I don't think its harmful for him, just that its odd he prefers shower water. Maybe its the dead human skin?

Anyone else's cats act in this manner?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes! Twitch & Damita fight over the upstairs shower. I keep my foster kittens in the bathroom & they always go in there to get a drink. Funny thing is, I keep their water bowl right outside the shower!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Karma does this everytime I shower but not when DH showers. He is always telling me its a sign of love. Kind of like the old saying, I love you so much I would dreak your bath water. I have no idea where it came fro but I like thinking she loves me so much she jst has to basicly drink me. Hmmm, now that I say it, its kind of creepy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I like thinking she loves me so much she jst has to basicly drink me. Hmmm, now that I say it, its kind of creepy.

I better not tell my wife that coz she's already upset, that I can pat neko without him running away and that he licks my face instead of hers etc
Neko is actually her cat even though he's meant to be "our" cat:

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I like thinking she loves me so much she jst has to basicly drink me. Hmmm, now that I say it, its kind of creepy.

I better not tell my wife that coz she's already upset, that I can pat neko without him running away and that he licks my face instead of hers etc
She says Neko is actually her cat even though he's meant to be "our" cat:

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Dino & Pepsi and secret water drinkers, they will drink out of my plant pot drip trays
out of rain puddles or puddles caused my watering of the garden.

I don't know why they do this as they have 4 water bowls in the garden of their own, and two in the house
well they are just freaks

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I already posted last week about Harry drinking out of my water glass....the other day he knocked over a vase of flowers and when I went in to clean it up he was sitting lapping up the water from the floor..........cats are so weird.

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My old cat used to love to drink from the tap. He'd lick the underside of the tap nozzle and get the drips. He was pretty fat so you can imagine the view of his sizeable belly and rump sticking out the top of the sink!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By reading all your posts, it seems as if cats need to find their own water, rather than whats given to them on a silver platter (so to speak)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My Molly used to lick the shower floor. I bought her a water fountain and she never did it again.

ashley45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Moses drinks out of the shower too, I've just gotten in the habit of rinsing the shower out real well after I use it. I wouldn't want him to get sick off of some soap residue.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans MS"]Bowls of water are boring. They're in the same place, every time, just plain old water in a bowl. Sinks, tap, showers, glasses; these are so much more exciting! Our outdoor kittens have 2 bowls in the yard of always-fresh water, but they prefer to drink out of the little bottom plates for the terra cotta pots from when we water or it rains.[/font]