Rain, rain, and more rain....Will it EVER stop???

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have never had THIS much rain before and guess what, we are scheduled to have more rain each day through next week!!! It's been raining almost constantly since the middle of May with only a few days break in between. I went to one of our parks on thursday where there is a lake and I couldn't believe how bad it has gotten. I wish we could send the rain to the forest fires where it's really needed.

This is the gatehouse into the park

This is the road leading to the gatehouse

This is one of the bathroom pavillions

Another road leading into the park

With more rain on the way I'm afraid the parks will be completely under water and will go over the spillways. I can't even do yard work because my yard is a constant swamp. People's homes have been flooded, are under water and have to be rescued. Texas has been hit very hard and there is no end in sight.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

We have never had THIS much rain before and guess what, we are scheduled to have more rain each day through next week!!! It's been raining almost constantly since the middle of May with only a few days break in between. I went to one of our parks on thursday where there is a lake and I couldn't believe how bad it has gotten. I wish we could send the rain to the forest fires where it's really needed.

This is the gatehouse into the park

This is the road leading to the gatehouse

This is one of the bathroom pavillions

Another road leading into the park

With more rain on the way I'm afraid the parks will be completely under water and will go over the spillways. I can't even do yard work because my yard is a constant swamp. People's homes have been flooded, are under water and have to be rescued. Texas has been hit very hard and there is no end in sight.
Yup, we have been hit hard too!!

I feel for you.
We have all been declared natural disaster....

Very very scary indeed!!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you on that one. It is no better north of you where I am. I just keeps raining with no end in site...
Stay safe and dry..

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope you and yours are safe. The pics you posted are just devastating to see. I know you have to be concerned about your whole area.

Many positive thoughts and {{stop raining}} vibes for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I sure hope you and yours are safe. The pics you posted are just devastating to see. I know you have to be concerned about your whole area.

Many positive thoughts and {{stop raining}} vibes for you.
Thanks...we received another inch of rain today. It was so bright and sunny and then WHAM! It came out of no where. Dropped an inch in half an hour. Where I live it is not too bad. It's all the surrounding cities around me. I fear that summer will be well over before it will be accessible again.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

we received another inch of rain today. It was so bright and sunny and then WHAM!
well, so far,
we haven't gotten any today... altho it rained twice yesterday, so that probably counts. i walked around to my back yard today - ankle deep water. still can't mow

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll gladly take some rain days off your hands!!!

We've been dry for over 10 days now!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just started to rain again!
Probably get another inch or so from the look of how hard it is pouring. Think we will have to build an ark soon.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes the clouds are rolling in now. Looks like more rain for this evening. I now have huge mushrooms growing in my back yard in several spots. So just what we need, more rain-----NOT!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel. I know that North Texas has gotten hit even harder than us down here. It must be awful. Have you heard about Marble Falls?? 18 inches in a mere 6 hours last week!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Sending you some good vibes, that is scary

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know exactly how you feel. I know that North Texas has gotten hit even harder than us down here. It must be awful. Have you heard about Marble Falls?? 18 inches in a mere 6 hours last week!
I did hear about Marble Falls, and how terrible. So much flooding going on across the state, but worse in the north and central parts.

Again, stay high and dry. As for me, we don't live very near any lakes or rivers here in Allen, but all of the creek beds are starting to overflow in our region...I don't live by one of those either.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, it rained last night while i was asleep... & at least once, maybe twice today. i'm gonna have to figure out some sort of covered feeding area for the ferals - i'm having to throw out too much food that's getting rained on...
they have a nice, large doghouse, but it doesn't seem to be rain-proof

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is Monday evening and it has been raining for past half hour. We are expected to have more tomorrow, the 4th and throughout rest of the week. On the news tonight they declared our county a disaster area.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, it is Monday evening and it has been raining for past half hour. We are expected to have more tomorrow, the 4th and throughout rest of the week. On the news tonight they declared our county a disaster area.
rained again here today, too. just threw out some more ruined food

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Can you store the food somewhere else? Or find something to keep it protected?
i bought a doghouse, thinking i could use it as a covered feeding area - it leaks
if we EVER have a dry day, i want to open it up, dry it out, & see if there's a way to waterproof it. otherwise, i'm gonna have to figure out some way to build them a little covered feeding station. the storage is inside - it's the food i'm putting out for the ferals to eat that's getting rained on.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh man
I am so sending some stop raining vibes your way{{{{}}}}

How scary!