Abyssinian?

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We recently got a kitten at the rescue.. I personally think he looks a little bit like an abyssinian... just the speckle-y pattern on his coat and the shape of his eyes.

Anyone else think so?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he just looks like an orange tabby to me.
a very cute one indeed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I know he isn't one.. I've never even seen one around here, let alone one wandering around... but he doens't even look a little bit like one? he doesn't have stripes on him except his legs and face... the rest of his body is the fleck or speckled pattern like and Aby... and more of a light browny orange.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Well I know he isn't one.. I've never even seen one around here, let alone one wandering around... but he doens't even look a little bit like one? he doesn't have stripes on him except his legs and face... the rest of his body is the fleck or speckled pattern like and Aby... and more of a light browny orange.
He would be considered an Red ticked tabby. We have several ticked tabbies in our rescue right now. Some years you see alot of them other years you dont.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. I've never seen one like him before.. in my 4 years of working at the rescue.

Thanks.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he is absolutely beautiful! I love his coat, but he's not an Aby.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
how fabulous!! I love the "ticked" coats, I think the term they use in reference to Abys is Agouti

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, he's definitely a ticked tabby. The same coat pattern the Aby has, except for the "tabby" part. What a cutie!!