Our town is under water!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is sooo scary!!
Its never been this bad!!! Our sump pump quit~so now we have water standing in the basement!

All the highways are closed~and they all look like lakes/ponds!!

When I can, I will post some pics.

Ya just never think it can happen to you!

Im going to go volunteer to help people.......

This last pic *was* our water station!!! Needless to say, we are on water advisory and boil warning!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just don't go into the water -- we've seen so many people lost that way down here in North Texas these past couple of weeks. Maybe you can help with displaced animals...

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

And how can one help others if all the roads are closed?
There is lots of things you can do to help out with the roads closed. I know when we were trapped after Ivan came through we were outside helping neighbors remove trees and junk. We made sure older neighbors had ice, water and food.

Several people needed help with setting up their generators. We even had one old guy try to set his up in his living room!!!! I couldn't believe it!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Just don't go into the water -- we've seen so many people lost that way down here in North Texas these past couple of weeks. Maybe you can help with displaced animals...
people have been killed! please be careful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And how can one help others if all the roads are closed?
Theres plenty of things to do to help people!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I hope you and the kids are safe.
Tammy-we are fine.
Thanks for asking....we thankfully live higher up so the water hasnt gotten to us!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd think what you could do would be limited by your ability to get around. Plus if you are out there helping others, your children and pets would be home without you. Not the best idea IMO. Not to mention the dangers of the flood waters, something awful could happen.

I'd be for staying put and protecting my family and home.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd think what you could do would be limited by your ability to get around. Plus if you are out there helping others, your children and pets would be home without you. Not the best idea IMO. Not to mention the dangers of the flood waters, something awful could happen.

I'd be for staying put and protecting my family and home.
Thats your choice. I just was going to help the people that werent able to get out, whether it be supplying them with water, food,etc.

But for your information, I never did get out to help anyone.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

It's the after math that will be bad too.
Yup!!! All the county is declared natural disaster. My mom and son were in a town about 13 miles from me, and they got stranded, and had to head to my grandparents house, which is about 3 hrs away.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been flooded in, the kids at School, and Shawn at work.I had to have my in-laws get the kids....and keep em safe.Shawn got them, and brought them to me as soon as the floods went down.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe!
I agree with neet, though. you need to think of yourselves and help each other in your family out. I am sure there are people like paradmedics trained to help people in a flood sitution like this.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Stay safe!
I agree with neet, though. you need to think of yourselves and help each other in your family out. I am sure there are people like paradmedics trained to help people in a flood sitution like this.
Yeah, thats true. I just wanted to be able to help. They had signs up at the stores asking for volunteers and thats why I was going to do it, but I would guess they had more then enough help, by the time I called