Good News about Fresh Step Litter!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has everyone heard the good news about Fresh Step litter? I got an email from them saying there is a new product of theirs called Fresh Step Free Scoopable that is free of perfurms and dyes!!!

abacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, I hope it has less dust. I have had Abby on Fresh Step with Cedar since I got her and I'm thinking of changing because there is just waaay too much dust for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Does that mean there is no dust?
Originally Posted by Abacat

Ohhh, I hope it has less dust. I have had Abby on Fresh Step with Cedar since I got her and I'm thinking of changing because there is just waaay too much dust for me.
It didn't say anything about their being less dust. Somehow though, I doubt there will be less dust....we could not be so lucky. It just said no dyes and no perfumes. In my opinion, a lack of those 2 would not decrease the dust.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, sometimes one has more dust than the other, but generally, I find that it's all about the same with the clumping, with one or two exceptions. Given how much litter I buy, and go through.. I'd prefer to find less dust because it's healthier for them, but the price difference is amazing. I found a good clumping litter but it is dusty when you pour (not so much when you scoop, so prolly not so much when they dig).. and it's from BJ's Wholesale, 40 pounds for like $10 or $11.

Wonder if there's any coupons for the Fresh Step?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom just bought this about a week ago. We had the regular litter and it always smelled so much.

This stuff is great! No dust that I can see, and NO smell or very little!

spayneuter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My observation is that if there is clay, there is dust. The only types I've found that didn't have much dust were completely free from clay, like the pine and newspaper litters. Of course, the problems with them are that they are more expensive and cats don't like them as much as they like the scoopable (easier on the paws - think sandy beach).

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

You know, sometimes one has more dust than the other, but generally, I find that it's all about the same with the clumping, with one or two exceptions. Given how much litter I buy, and go through.. I'd prefer to find less dust because it's healthier for them, but the price difference is amazing. I found a good clumping litter but it is dusty when you pour (not so much when you scoop, so prolly not so much when they dig).. and it's from BJ's Wholesale, 40 pounds for like $10 or $11.

Wonder if there's any coupons for the Fresh Step?
I get pretty much the equivilant to that at Sam's Club.... it's just plain ol clumping clay litter, not really any kind of scent, just smells like litter and I find it to be much less dusty than any of the name-brand clumping litters and it's only about $9 for 40.... since I only have the Ol-monster and 2 boxes (one he uses ALL the time so that gets changed weekly, the other's in the basement and he just uses occasionally so that gets fully changed every other week or so) the 40 pounds lasts quite awhile

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We used to use the Cedar chip litter, but I can't find it anywhere. I bought some of the new stuff, but haven't used it yet. I can't stand anything that smells; I have really bad allergies to perfumes.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

how much was it being sold for?
I think it was $10 for 15 lbs. I know it wasn't a very big box for the price.

I can get 15 lbs of unscented scooping litter at the grocery store for $2.50 by comparison. $3.50 for 15 lbs of target's pet essentials scoop (which does have a scent). and $7 for 28 lbs of walmart special kitty scoop with crystals.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a small box of this waiting for us to go through the huge tub of old style Tidy Cats. When we get near the end of that I'll start to mix in the Fresh Step...I sniffed it, def not perfumed, but it didn't seem any less dusty. I also noticed that I could only get it in smaller boxes --what's up with that?

Right now we have two clay boxes and one corn box...I'm gonna try to get them all over to corn eventually.