I just saw Phantom of the Opera

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, man, that's another one that I want to see. Haven't seen it yet though.

I got to the end and I was like sniffle sniffle, what do you MEAN THAT"S THE END??????????

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate sad endings (Bridge did not end sadly, great movie, definitely watch it).
The older I get, the less it takes to get me all teary eyed.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Um, Les Miserable doesn't have a happy ending either.
Just in case no one warned you.

Yup, Phantom is a sad story. Just like most of the good "monster with a soul" stories. Frankenstein, Hunchback of Notre Dame, King Kong come to mind too. And in the end you leave saying, "who was really the monster?"

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where did you see it and who were the actors? When it was in Toronto, we went 5 times (every year for our daughter's birthday as that was her wish).

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Where did you see it and who were the actors? When it was in Toronto, we went 5 times (every year for our daughter's birthday as that was her wish).
I saw one of the very last shows in Toronto. I loved it. I was at the movie store and I saw the movie so I rented it tonight. I can't wait to watch it.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seen the movie based on the musical (Gerard Butler =
) but have yet to see the stage production. Which did you see?

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've seen the movie and it was great!

I would love to see it on Broadway someday...

I saw Les Miserables on Broadway's rotating stage when I was in high school and it was absolutely amazing!!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The singing was awesome, and I'm going to have to get the soundtrack.

Phantom's voice was beautiful.

Saw it at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, in DC. http://www.kennedy-center.org/calend...nt&event=THTSH which doesn't give a lot of information...

It was "The Really Useful Theatre Company" John Cudia, Marni Raab, Greg Mills, from what I can see, it's the Broadway production.

Les Miserables (sp) sounds sad from the get go. I'd go to that one expecting it to be sad, hehe.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

It was "The Really Useful Theatre Company" John Cudia, Marni Raab, Greg Mills, from what I can see, it's the Broadway production.
I saw the same cast in Toronto this past April

It is a great show isn't it!!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I want to see that someday
Oh, man, it's awesome. The music is haunting and with John Cudia portraying the Phantom.. he's just got such an awesome voice. I have to get the soundtrack, which I've always thought was pretty good.. but when you see it in the production it changes the entire thing. Of course, now I don't know if I can listen to the soundtrack without crying.

Just be prepared to cry. I cried all the way home. My sister said, "I could go for a milkshake" ... I was like... yep, I definitely need one now.

Man, I'm even "tearing" up just talking about it.

She got free tickets from her company, but honestly, I would pay the $95 a ticket for the tickets we had. We were row Q, seat 10 and 12, so ..erm, would that be stage right? It's on the right hand side of the stage as you look at the stage, not as the performers face the audience.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear it was good here in Washington. I have seen it but my husband hasn't so we are going to see it in August. I love the Kennedy Center also.

Yes, it is sad but it is beautiful too. I consider Andrew Lloyd Weber to be brilliant.

Tricia

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's such a wonderful story though, not in that "makes your heart warm and fuzzy" way, but more in that "I'm so sad, that was so beautifully tragic" type of way.