Yay! A new open beta for me!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to play a MMORPG years and years ago. After a couple of years I quit because I realized that I didn't really enjoy computer games and only played because it was something to do with my time.

I've never heard of the game you linked to, but I looked at the screenshots, concept art and watched the movie.

It looks pretty good. Not the best graphics that I've seen in a game, but not bad either. I had a hard time playing 1 character, apparently this game allows you to play 3 characters at one time! I'd never be able to co-ordinate that, lol

Give it a try and see how it goes. Is it going to be a monthly fee to play once the beta is over?

I had applied for and was accepted into the Beta for the new Lord of the Rings game, but my computer had broken and my old desktop couldn't run the newer games so I had to decline. The computer I have now can, but I'm not inclined to play it now. I'm too involved in my art.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sword of the New World will have a limited version, free download and level capped at 20, they will also have a subscription version with no level cap.

LoTR beta sucked, and they released it in (IMO) an unfinished state, I was not at all impressed with it.
Too bad too, after micrsoft totally ruined Asheron's Call, LoTR was Turbine's chance to recover.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of that, but I'd be interested to hear how you like it.

I've played Everquest, Guild Wars, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Lord of the Rings Online and Dark Age of Camelot. (I think I remembered them all)

Right now I'm playing ArchLord with DH and a friend of ours, it's not bad and it's free to play.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
reminds me a FF game, which is not a bad thing
going to download it now.

i lotr sucked , i want my money back lol.
so far does not appear that any one had learned from what wow did right

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Have any of you tried Guitar Hero? I am not usually much of a gamer, but this game ROCKS!
I've tried it at the store demo, but it's not something I'd play.
Even if it was, my dog would be certain it was a game he could play with me

I prefer my online MMOs and for the PC and my kill and solve puzzles games for the PS2.

ferocity302

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I play Runescape at the moment but this new game Sword of the New World looks awesome! I just told my son about it, which by the way he is playing Guitar Hero at the moment LOL, and he said to stop because he wants to know more but he's concentrating on his song. Yeah, I'd say we are a family of gamers.

He's going to head for the computer as soon as he's done I just know it.