Don't need no stinking bottle rockets

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in the US, most places will be celebrating the 4th of July this weekend. Over the course of the last 3 years, the county has been transforming the huge old empty field behind my house into the new county park. It is about 90% done, and this year, the county is throwing it's very first fireworks display....in the park....behind my house

The powder trucks are only about 300 yards from my back door. I'm baked some "pigs in blankets", made a pitcher of iced tea, and I'm headed out back to watch the show. Back in a bit

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around here they do the 4th celebration on the 4th. We are doing our yearly tradtion of going down Jacksonville, fl. We will be visiting family and friends and all of us will be going to the main river down town to watch the celebration.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think bottle rockets are illegal here. I will be getting my fireworks on Monday!
I love the bees and the ground bloom flowers. haha am I ever boring.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh, that's just about as good as it gets. One year on the fourth, I was in Seattle on business and watched the fireworks with some friends in a darkened room on the 44th floor of a downtown hotel... there were five different displays going on within our view, and up so high, it was all completely silent... and so were all of us. It was beautiful, mesmerizing.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your kitties won't be too scared.

Have fun watching the fireworks!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In one smaller community nearby-Kaukauna the have been the host twice now to the Pyrotechnic's Guild conventions. Last time was last year-its held at local racetrack but a friend lives close by so last year we and several others sat in their field and watched the fireworks displays. They shoot off several hundred thousand dollars of fireworks off over the course of the convention and fireworks from many countries. Its to music too and we are really lucky to have the guild coming back in a few years!!

I hoped you enjoyed the show!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ahhh, that's just about as good as it gets. One year on the fourth, I was in Seattle on business and watched the fireworks with some friends in a darkened room on the 44th floor of a downtown hotel... there were five different displays going on within our view, and up so high, it was all completely silent... and so were all of us. It was beautiful, mesmerizing.
Wow, that sounds awesome! It's like your own private fireworks show!

We used to be able to watch the Canada Day (July 1st) fireworks from our neighbour's balcony, but the darn trees grew in and we can't see them anymore. May have to go on the roof.

I hope your kitties weren't too scared, Mike!