Macey's Ugly Facey

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Macey. Her face got shaved in one spot.

I had to take her into to see Dr. Stupid in town this afternoon. She had a spot on her face that worried me. It's a hot spot. He sahved it, washed with soap/water, cleaned with peroxide, & then used a steroid spray on in.

Poor girl. It still itches. I rubbed it with a cloth & have been keeping a close eye on her so she stops scratching.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

Did he give you anything to put on it?
Yes. Umm....wash with soap/water, then clean with peroxide. Wipe peroxide off. Then spray with this spray he gave me, steroid/cortisone or something like that. If it's not better by Mon, she's to go back to see him again. If it's not better on Monday, I'm taking her to the really good vet, not Dr. moron again!
I couldn't get her into the good vet this afternoon, though.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel bad because it must hurt...she won't lay on that side of her face. I've been giving her extra kisses, though!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
piper looks just like that too, he got a bug bite, so gotta clean it often.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Macy.
It looks like it'll irritate her. Let her mooch it up and give her extra treats!

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw poor baby - she looks so forlorn. My aunt's golden retreiver has a terrible time with hot spots. She's tried different food and everything and hasn't been able to local the 'trigger'.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you know why she got the hot spot?

Why are you calling him Dr. Stupid... he did everything you're supposed to do for a hot spot.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dr. Stupid....spent 2 years telling me Twitch was fine on anti-biotics(she is now resistant to them). Dr. Stupid "forgot" to take all Coco's uterus when he spayed her(she now leaks urine & I wipe her bum at least every time she potties, usualy 12+ x a day). Dr. Stupid told me to euthanize Damita because she was 6 years old & blind. Yes, some things he can do, but for anything that is a real problem, I go to another vet. He triple the dosage on Damita's ringworm meds when I tried a new one....& I had no idea I was poisoning her until I called another vet.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahh, he sounds really scary. If he were a people doc, he'd be sued out of practice by now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww poor little love! it's really not so bad though natalie. ginger, our 12 yr old wolf mix recently had to get several spots shaved down too for the same reason. her allergies are horribe (and she's indoors only and on meds)

you may need to put an e-collar on little macey to keep her from messing with that spot if you notice her starting to scratch again.
lots of (((((get better vibes))))) headed ya'lls way!