Low Cost spay?

ashlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to get Charlotte spayed eventually (when she is the right age, could someone tell me when this usually is?). I have seen many talking about spays for like $25. I was wondering if there was someone in my area or someone who could help me find a place to get such a low cost spay...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"the right age" varies from one person to the next. Some vets will do them at 8 weeks/2lbs. Some still say wait until 6 months. Some even say wait until after the first heat!

I say, the sooner you get her in, the better. That way, there is no possibility of any "accidental" litters.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

"the right age" varies from one person to the next. Some vets will do them at 8 weeks/2lbs. Some still say wait until 6 months. Some even say wait until after the first heat!

I say, the sooner you get her in, the better. That way, there is no possibility of any "accidental" litters.
Ditto

Call the local shelter they often know who does low cost

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check here to see if there is one close to you.

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

Also call vets around you and ask if there is a low cost spay program through your state. Many states have them not all of them advertise them tho. You might have to call a few vets before you get one that knows about the program. Like I had to do for my mom.