Physical Excercise

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just curious if any of you get any physical excercise daily. I have been starting to feel out of shape, since summer has rolled around and I'm getting paticularly lazy, but have felt like this for aboout 8 months and finally decided to do something about it. I have started getting up at 5:30 am (an hour earlier than usual) and going for walks/runs. I'm terribly out of shape, so I am only doing about half a mile right now. I about half run, half walk until my body gets into better shape than I will gradually lengthen the running until that's what my morning excercise consists of. It was gorgeous out this morning. I live 30 mile out of town, 2.5 miles off the highway, so it smelled fantastic, not like... people.
I brought along my itty-bitty radio thingy (about 1 x 2 inches) and had my headphones and listened to my country music the whole while! I also started doing sit-ups, push-ups, and crunches. No paticular number, just however many I can do that morning.
I think I'll get some 5 or 8 lb weights and start lifting a little bit.
Also, if you guys jog/run/walk, what do you wear? I'm frugal... cheap... okay STINGY! So I just cut a pair of old sweats into shorts and put a t-shirt on. I bought a pair of running shoes at Wal-Mart for $20.00 and with my music and this beautiful air, being able to walk down the road with NOBODY in sight but the horses, cattle, antelope, birds and rabbits, watching the sunrise. Wow. It was unbelievable phenomenal this morning.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to exercise everyday/everyother, but now the most exercise I get is getting out of bed

Life has become too busy! I just cancelled my YMCA membership tho ($40.00a month for something I didn't use was money wasted!) So now hopefully I'll get my butt outside & exercise when life slows down a little bit

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined a gym finally last November. I had been doing home video workouts before that, but finally decided to do the gym thing.

I was good up until April. That's when I became really busy with school and couldn't go. Now I'm trying to get back the habit of going 3 days a week. I don't have to worry about the monthly bills either, I paid $300 up front for a 13 month membership.

Good for you though!
That is the one thing I can't do: get up before I'm suppose to

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the slower season here, Oct-May I go to the gym 3 times a week. During the summer months because of my job I just don't have time..

I go to Curves which is a pretty good workout. It has a routine that takes 1/2hour to finish, very low impact, but works great for getting in shape. It was the only work-out that I ever found that I wasn't totally stiff the day after my first work-out.

Not sure the cost is the same everywhere but I know that membership here is $46 a month which is pretty good consider every other gym I researched were $50 or over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans MS"]Wow, I guess I'm kind of spoiled! I don't have to pay or be in a stinky old gym; I get to go out and watch the bunnies play and the sun rise! Talk about havin' a good life!
I know what I'm doing doesn't really help you lose weight (my goal is to lose about 8 lbs and just get in shape) but it does help with your heart and I think the fresh air is good for you too. I don't like the idea of using all these excercise balls, new-fangled machines; they may work, but I just don't like them. I prefer jsut going out and running down the road!
And just plain old push-ups and crunches... Sometimes I pick up an old lead rope and start jumping rope too!
[/font]

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I go to the gym 4-6 times a week. I do cardio a couple times, free weights a couple times and a class or two mainly yoga/pilates.

If you are going to run/walk/jog i think good shoes are important, not $200.00 shoes or anything. Your feet take the brunt of everything, if my feet hurt the last thing i want to think about is running etc.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I excercise alot trying to get my pregnancy weight gone. So far Im down to 130. But I was 115 before I had Ari. So Ive been excercising more then usual. Though I have always been really active.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
JuJubee: These aren't bad shoes really, they have Dr. Scholls soles in them and are very comfy! And they were cheap too, so I don't think I have to worry about my feet hurting. I wouldn't want to be on my feet either if they were sore!

Fostermomm: You had a baby and you are maybe twice my age (I am 13) and you weigh as much as I do! I weigh 130 but I'm only 13! But I'm really tall too... 5'8. I'm not fat or anything, maybe a little chubby around the tummy area...
So I would like to lose that...

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I go biking for anywhere between 6-10 hours every day and go for an hour jog every second day and I go to the gym 5 days a week.
holy cow that is a lot of biking, I guess you have a lot of time on your hands?
I'm trying to get back in to biking and working on yoga classes as well. I've tried the gym thing on more then a few occations....as mush as I would like for it to work out for me, it never does. I guess I am more of a nature gal!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

holy cow that is a lot of biking, I guess you have a lot of time on your hands?
I'm trying to get back in to biking and working on yoga classes as well. I've tried the gym thing on more then a few occations....as mush as I would like for it to work out for me, it never does. I guess I am more of a nature gal!
I don't have too much time I just have a pretty good schedule. I bike to work and then back home. That's about a half an hour one way. Right now I'm only working part time so usually only about 5 or 6 hours. When I get home I have some lunch then go out biking again for a few hours and if I am gonna work out that day I go to the gym about 2 hours or so before it closes and then if I'm gonna run on that day I go for a jog after I'm done at the gym. In the winter I find myself getting really bored. I can't really bike through 2 feet of snow so I don't have much to keep me busy.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I admit, im LAZY. I sit in this computer chair all day.
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE exersise, I could never auctually do sit-ups and push-ups and all that stupid boring stuff. Id rather ride my bike or walk or something. Im not an unhealthy person so I dont worry about my health too much, and im not overweight so I dont exersise lol.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans MS"]TigerOnTheProwl: HOLY SNICKER DOODLE!
You must be in shape now! Whooee... I don't have that kind of time. I clean house, help with the cooking and kitchen, there's Zoey and Tucker to think about, I have school (yes we do some during summer, I'm home-schooled), I help my dad on the ranch, and I try to get on here every day, and I'm an avid reader. I don't have the motivation to ride my bike that much, that pretty much bores me. But I do enjoy getting out in the mornings and evenings. [/font]

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

[font= "Comic Sans MS"]TigerOnTheProwl: HOLY SNICKER DOODLE!
You must be in shape now! Whooee... I don't have that kind of time. I clean house, help with the cooking and kitchen, there's Zoey and Tucker to think about, I have school (yes we do some during summer, I'm home-schooled), I help my dad on the ranch, and I try to get on here every day, and I'm an avid reader. I don't have the motivation to ride my bike that much, that pretty much bores me. But I do enjoy getting out in the mornings and evenings. [/font]
Wow sounds like you need a break. That's quite a lot of work. I only bike that much because I kinda got addicted to biking. It was one of the first things I learned to do and it just became a hobby.