You Know You're From Wisconsin When...

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Inspired by the Texas post.. here is one for Wisconsin, my new state

You know youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re from Wisconsin when…

1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.

2. "Vacation" means going up north past Crivitz for the weekend.

3. You measure distance in hours.

4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once.

5. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.

6. Your whole family wears green and gold to church on Sunday.

7. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.

8. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.

9. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

10. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.

11. There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at Fleet Farm at any given time.

12. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

13. You refer to the Packers as "we."

14. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.

15. You can identify an Illinois accent.

16. You have no problem spelling Milwaukee or Oconomowoc.

17. You consider Madison exotic.

18. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a cow next to your blue spruce.

19. Down South to you means Chicago.

20. A brat is something you eat.

21. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new machine shed.

22. You go out to fish fry every Friday.

23. You know how to polka.

24. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

25. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

26. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How funny! I lived in Superior Wisconsin for all my childhood, and most of those are true!
We used to say, ' hope summer falls on a weekend this year!!'.
As kids you do not realize how hot it ISN'T during the summer, but we always had fun!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! I AM going up north past Crivitz this weekend, and I AM calling it vacation!!! LOL!!
Those are so true!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seen this before...so true!
I'm really bad with the distance in hours. Whenever people ask me how far I am in miles from something...I honestly never look. All I care about is the time it takes....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see what the Packer Pro shop will have for new Packer items this season!! (I try to limit myself though!!) I do find it amusing that one can go grocery shopping in Green Bay on Sunday's and the grocery stores have the game on over the PA system!!

I know its about 2 hrs from my house to General Mitchell Airport-would have to look at the miles though! Or its about an hour from my house to my fav SIL's house.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha! You know, this is almost totally unrelated, but I had a nightmare last night in which I was trapped by captors in Madison and they made me eat nothing but hot dogs WITH KETCHUP on them. It was terrifying. Seriously, who eats hot dogs with ketchup on them? How do you not find that nasty?

Which brings me to....that I also love the one for "You know you're from Chicago when..."

angi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the process of moving from So. CA to So. WI!!
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

haha! You know, this is almost totally unrelated, but I had a nightmare last night in which I was trapped by captors in Madison and they made me eat nothing but hot dogs WITH KETCHUP on them. It was terrifying. Seriously, who eats hot dogs with ketchup on them? How do you not find that nasty?

Which brings me to....that I also love the one for "You know you're from Chicago when..."
I will only eat a hot dog if it has ketchup on it.
Well, & cheese too, since I'm a cheese freak...but hey, I've spent half my life living in Wisconsin!!!

summerkid710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not from Wisconsin but my whole family is from there, the family has a cabin and land the northwoods, and I went to college there so I basically have cheese running through my veins...

27. Christmastime isn't complete without the annual gift of venison sausage.

I look forward to it every year. Yum.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wisconsin STOLE the mosequito as a state bird - everyone knows its the Minnesota state bird!

And a lot of them also apply over here in MN
We got you beat - we have over 10,000 lakes

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Wisconsin STOLE the mosequito as a state bird - everyone knows its the Minnesota state bird!

And a lot of them also apply over here in MN
We got you beat - we have over 10,000 lakes
Wisconsin has many lakes of varied size; in fact Wisconsin contains 11,188 square miles (28,977 km²) of water, more than all but three other states (Alaska, Michigan & Florida).

Wisconsin has more water...and no, that doesn't include Lake Michigan. I worked for the US Forest Service here in WI one summer. WI is said to actually have more inland lakes.....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MN HAS to have more water then Wisconsin - in reality there are about 22,000 lakes, and include the Miss. River. If we both discount Lake Superior and Lake Michigan, MN has to have more water total.

DH also does not believe it. Can you find some stistics for both states on the total water. No way does Wisconsin have more inland water then Minnesota

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Angi

I can relate to almost all of those!

I didn't realise there were so many people from Wisconsin here! Anyone from southern WI??
Janesville

And I think it should have said something about "Bubbler"... I am pretty sure that is a Wisconsin only thing

And as far as the cheese thing goes, I read somewhere that California is out producing Wisconsin now in the cheese department.. I don't know if that is true or not though.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was an article in the local paper that wisconsin is the leader in cheese production and that Wisconsin produces like 300 varieties of cheese and I don't think this counts the cheese made from sheep and goats milk.
There is a local guy who carves cheese and is now for the Cheez-it brand of crackers carving Mount Rushmore out of a 700-1000 pound block of cheese (now thats alot of cheese!!)