TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Treat Reviews (Sharky?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Treat Reviews (Sharky?)

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
My grandparents always send us piles and piles of coupon sheets (since we don't get a paper, living this far out) and Mom and I will spend an hour going through them and cutting them out. (Yesterday we saved $38.50 with coupons!!!) I found about 6 coupons for chews and treats for my Beagle dog that he'll love. I found 3 for Zoey, all treats. There wasn't anything for any of the canned food I feed her... So I wasn't sure which one of these was best to give her. There's so much stuff out there, and you can always do better for your critter, but out of these what is better?

Save $1.50 -- Goodlife Recipe Treats
Save $1.00 -- Pounce Cat Treats
Save $1.00 -- Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats
post #2 of 23
Ping loves the Pounce Caribean Catch moist treats. I quit giving them after the recall because of the wheat flour in them. I don't know about the other 2. I have been looking for some good treats but I have not found any yet that he liked. I found some dried Salmon ones but he would just sniff them and walk away. So we have not had treats in awhile.
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Zoey will eat anything; I'm making sure of that by feeding her everything! But I wanted something that was decently healthy for her... Was the wheat flour the cause of the recall? Do you think some of the other Pounce treats don't have wheat flour? I'll have to see... Thanks for the response anyways!
post #4 of 23
At that point and even now anything with wheat is off my list of ok things to give him. I do believe one of the Pounce treats were recalled the chicken one I believe. And as far as I could tell when I was looking at them all of the Pounce ones had wheat flour.
post #5 of 23
Here is the link regarding the Pounce chicken flavor recall:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/...s.html?ref=rss
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
Hmmm... thankyou for the information! I definitely do not want to put Zoey in harm's way. Thank-you once more, I will discard that coupon... now regarding the other two...
post #7 of 23
UMMM none ...



or www.dogswell.com

those are good

wildside salmon( made partly in china ) is well loved here

Go here for very good treats..

www.catniptoys.com
post #8 of 23
Thread Starter 
Zoey doesn't like catnip (toys) very much, and I can't order... Is there anything that is found in PetCo that is very decent?
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
What is at those 2 above sites. The first one all I see is a breeder. And the second one scissors and another language.
post #10 of 23
Petco has some dried salmon and shrimp... I forget the name but they are good...

Both Nutro and Organix make some decent treats ( nutro has wheat the organix is grainy but they are still decent )

that is just the site name she sells alot of stuff .....
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
What is at those 2 above sites. The first one all I see is a breeder. And the second one scissors and another language.
The link work fine for me
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty View Post
Zoey doesn't like catnip (toys) very much, and I can't order... Is there anything that is found in PetCo that is very decent?
It has more than nip toys:

http://catniptoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1206 View Post
The link work fine for me
Its working ok for me now but before it wasn't.
post #14 of 23
petco sells a version of the kitt kaviar that Pixel likes - it's shaved tuna flakes, nothing else. just read the ingredients on any other treats. why can't you order, if you don't mind me asking? Java LOVES wildside salmon, & the toys there are also available in valerian & honeysuckle for non-catnip cats.
post #15 of 23
Cindy and Swanie both liked the Natural Purrz Salmon, but it dried out very quicky. The day after I opended the bag, the treats were no longer moist and neither wanted anything to do with them. I don't know if there were instructions for keeping them moist that I didn't follow, but it was disappointing.

http://www.zukes.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_5

If you're looking for treats, you might try a different kind of dry food than they normally get.
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
petco sells a version of the kitt kaviar that Pixel likes - it's shaved tuna flakes, nothing else. just read the ingredients on any other treats. why can't you order, if you don't mind me asking? Java LOVES wildside salmon, & the toys there are also available in valerian & honeysuckle for non-catnip cats.

Well, I guess I can. But as much as I love Zoey, I can't spend alot of money on treats and toys; I have to save up for more important things like college, car payments, gas money... S&H is outrageous and though the stuff in our town may not be healthy for her, it's fairly decent (best cat food here in Nutro and Natural Life) and I'm not willing to pay $6.00 S&H for a bag of $2.00 treats.
Misty: that's an excellent idea! I can try something tasty with lots of yummy flavor. I mean, who says treats have to be healthy? Our treats are ice-cream, candy bars, chocolate, soda pops; healthy? I don't think so! That's what makes them yummy! So maybe I'll get her a strong-flavored dry cat food as treats, and then see what I can find for moist treats.
Thank-you for the suggestions everybody! I have written them all down and will see what I can find.
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty View Post
Well, I guess I can. But as much as I love Zoey, I can't spend alot of money on treats and toys; I have to save up for more important things like college, car payments, gas money... S&H is outrageous and though the stuff in our town may not be healthy for her, it's fairly decent (best cat food here in Nutro and Natural Life) and I'm not willing to pay $6.00 S&H for a bag of $2.00 treats.
Misty: that's an excellent idea! I can try something tasty with lots of yummy flavor. I mean, who says treats have to be healthy? Our treats are ice-cream, candy bars, chocolate, soda pops; healthy? I don't think so! That's what makes them yummy! So maybe I'll get her a strong-flavored dry cat food as treats, and then see what I can find for moist treats.
Thank-you for the suggestions everybody! I have written them all down and will see what I can find.
Petco carries the Zukes treats. They often have "buy 2, get 1 free" sales on treats if you have a Petco nearby.

I also bought some dehydrated fish type treats at Petco for my guys. Raven and Nabu love them, but Stimpy still prefers his crunchy treats.

Dingo makes a "Dingo Kitty" chicken jerky type treat. I can't remember if that one was recalled though.
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
Thanks littleraven! We have 2 little mom-and-pop pet stores, I haven't been to one in about 2 years, may have to drop in there sometime... The other one is all aquatics. Just in January they put in a PetCo, and I about had a heart attack! It's tiiiiiiinyyyyy, but atleast it's a PetCo! I'll see if they have what you mentioned.
post #19 of 23
I give my cats cooked chicken for treats. My cats never eat the treats I buy but they love cooked chicken.
post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 
That's a good idea too. Cheap and much, much healthier for them. Next time Mom cooks some (she cooks, cubes, and seasons it then freezes it for whenever we need it) I'll take some out before she seasons it and keep it in the freezer and thaw out for treats sometime! Good idea, thanks!
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty View Post
Well, I guess I can. But as much as I love Zoey, I can't spend alot of money on treats and toys; I have to save up for more important things like college, car payments, gas money... S&H is outrageous and though the stuff in our town may not be healthy for her, it's fairly decent (best cat food here in Nutro and Natural Life) and I'm not willing to pay $6.00 S&H for a bag of $2.00 treats.
If you are referring to my site, I don't understand, as that is not the case. I charge no handling fees. Nor do I carry the kind of treats that cost two dollars...
Please pm me to explain if you've ordered from me before and why you feel this way.
post #22 of 23
Pixel also likes just plain chicken. yesterday, when i was making the homemade food, i gave her a few chicken shreds - she always likes them.
post #23 of 23
i use wet food as my cat's treat ! coz normally i only feed him dry food, so everytime i brushes him, or give him some ilium ear drop, or cleaning his ears, i give him the wet food instead of other treats ( i tried greenies with liver flavor, but he doesn't seem to like it ... well he doesn't like it at all)

i'm goin to buy pitr pat, the cat's candy with the pink packaging when i go to petshop again...does anyone has any experience with this cat's candy? does your cat love'em?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Treat Reviews (Sharky?)