Treat Reviews (Sharky?)

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My grandparents always send us piles and piles of coupon sheets (since we don't get a paper, living this far out) and Mom and I will spend an hour going through them and cutting them out. (Yesterday we saved $38.50 with coupons!!!) I found about 6 coupons for chews and treats for my Beagle dog that he'll love. I found 3 for Zoey, all treats. There wasn't anything for any of the canned food I feed her... So I wasn't sure which one of these was best to give her. There's so much stuff out there, and you can always do better for your critter, but out of these what is better?

Save $1.50 -- Goodlife Recipe Treats
Save $1.00 -- Pounce Cat Treats
Save $1.00 -- Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ping loves the Pounce Caribean Catch moist treats. I quit giving them after the recall because of the wheat flour in them. I don't know about the other 2. I have been looking for some good treats but I have not found any yet that he liked. I found some dried Salmon ones but he would just sniff them and walk away. So we have not had treats in awhile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans Ms"]Zoey will eat anything; I'm making sure of that by feeding her everything!
But I wanted something that was decently healthy for her... Was the wheat flour the cause of the recall? Do you think some of the other Pounce treats don't have wheat flour? I'll have to see... Thanks for the response anyways!
[/font]

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At that point and even now anything with wheat is off my list of ok things to give him. I do believe one of the Pounce treats were recalled the chicken one I believe. And as far as I could tell when I was looking at them all of the Pounce ones had wheat flour.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... thankyou for the information! I definitely do not want to put Zoey in harm's way. Thank-you once more, I will discard that coupon... now regarding the other two...

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Zoey doesn't like catnip (toys) very much, and I can't order... Is there anything that is found in PetCo that is very decent?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Petco has some dried salmon and shrimp... I forget the name but they are good...

Both Nutro and Organix make some decent treats ( nutro has wheat the organix is grainy but they are still decent )

that is just the site name she sells alot of stuff ...

tiger1206

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

What is at those 2 above sites. The first one all I see is a breeder. And the second one scissors and another language.
The link work fine for me

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tiger1206

The link work fine for me
Its working ok for me now but before it wasn't.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
petco sells a version of the kitt kaviar that Pixel likes - it's shaved tuna flakes, nothing else. just read the ingredients on any other treats. why can't you order, if you don't mind me asking? Java LOVES wildside salmon, & the toys there are also available in valerian & honeysuckle for non-catnip cats.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy and Swanie both liked the Natural Purrz Salmon, but it dried out very quicky. The day after I opended the bag, the treats were no longer moist and neither wanted anything to do with them. I don't know if there were instructions for keeping them moist that I didn't follow, but it was disappointing.

http://www.zukes.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_5

If you're looking for treats, you might try a different kind of dry food than they normally get.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

petco sells a version of the kitt kaviar that Pixel likes - it's shaved tuna flakes, nothing else. just read the ingredients on any other treats. why can't you order, if you don't mind me asking? Java LOVES wildside salmon, & the toys there are also available in valerian & honeysuckle for non-catnip cats.
Well, I guess I can. But as much as I love Zoey, I can't spend alot of money on treats and toys; I have to save up for more important things like college, car payments, gas money... S&H is outrageous and though the stuff in our town may not be healthy for her, it's fairly decent (best cat food here in Nutro and Natural Life) and I'm not willing to pay $6.00 S&H for a bag of $2.00 treats.
Misty: that's an excellent idea! I can try something tasty with lots of yummy flavor. I mean, who says treats have to be healthy?
Our treats are ice-cream, candy bars, chocolate, soda pops; healthy? I don't think so! That's what makes them yummy!
So maybe I'll get her a strong-flavored dry cat food as treats, and then see what I can find for moist treats.

Thank-you for the suggestions everybody! I have written them all down and will see what I can find.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

Well, I guess I can. But as much as I love Zoey, I can't spend alot of money on treats and toys; I have to save up for more important things like college, car payments, gas money... S&H is outrageous and though the stuff in our town may not be healthy for her, it's fairly decent (best cat food here in Nutro and Natural Life) and I'm not willing to pay $6.00 S&H for a bag of $2.00 treats.
Misty: that's an excellent idea! I can try something tasty with lots of yummy flavor. I mean, who says treats have to be healthy?
Our treats are ice-cream, candy bars, chocolate, soda pops; healthy? I don't think so! That's what makes them yummy!
So maybe I'll get her a strong-flavored dry cat food as treats, and then see what I can find for moist treats.

Thank-you for the suggestions everybody! I have written them all down and will see what I can find.
Petco carries the Zukes treats. They often have "buy 2, get 1 free" sales on treats if you have a Petco nearby.

I also bought some dehydrated fish type treats at Petco for my guys. Raven and Nabu love them, but Stimpy still prefers his crunchy treats.

Dingo makes a "Dingo Kitty" chicken jerky type treat. I can't remember if that one was recalled though.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks littleraven! We have 2 little mom-and-pop pet stores, I haven't been to one in about 2 years, may have to drop in there sometime... The other one is all aquatics. Just in January they put in a PetCo, and I about had a heart attack! It's tiiiiiiinyyyyy, but atleast it's a PetCo! I'll see if they have what you mentioned.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give my cats cooked chicken for treats. My cats never eat the treats I buy but they love cooked chicken.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a good idea too. Cheap and much, much healthier for them. Next time Mom cooks some (she cooks, cubes, and seasons it then freezes it for whenever we need it) I'll take some out before she seasons it and keep it in the freezer and thaw out for treats sometime! Good idea, thanks!